Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Rubicon order delivery timeline?

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Stopped at a Jeep dealership this morning to discuss ordering 2021 JLUR, and was told by salesman that it wouldn't arrive until December or January. My opinion is no one there knows what their doing or they just don't want to bother with special order. Has anyone else that has actually already ordered one been told it would be this long?
I was told exactly that by the auto negotiator Iā€™m using to order my MY2021 Willys JLU. She said expect ā€œat leastā€ 12 weeks for delivery. I appreciated the honestly so Iā€™m not calling everyone and their mother at the 8 week mark. If no delivery info is available at 12 weeks Iā€™ll begin my follow-up process. Until then Iā€™ll just sit tight and map trails Iā€™d like to visit once behind the wheel. ā˜ŗ
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I was told exactly that by the auto negotiator Iā€™m using to order my MY2021 Willys JLU. She said expect ā€œat leastā€ 12 weeks for delivery. I appreciated the honestly so Iā€™m not calling everyone and their mother at the 8 week mark. If no delivery info is available at 12 weeks Iā€™ll begin my follow-up process. Until then Iā€™ll just sit tight and map trails Iā€™d like to visit once behind the wheel. ā˜ŗ
My new Jeep just passed through Winslow, so delivery will be right at the twelve week mark. But...the first month that I waited was waiting for production to actually start, and I bought at the busiest time possible. I think that your twelve weeks may be halved.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm curious as to how effective the negotiator process was? Did you feel they got you a good, stress-free deal?

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
Different dealership said 8-10 weeks the other day, but blue still can't be ordered. I was told by a different dealership it would be December or January way back in July (that would be 5-6 MONTHS). I have a friend who ordered her Rubicon in mid-June and is told it should show up next week (just about the 13th week).

fher03

First Name
Fher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon unlimited, ZJ Grand Cherokee
I ordered mine 8/13 and vehicle is scheduled to arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Sponsored

shahiniJL

First Name
ALi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep sahara JLU
I ordered mine 9/5 (left deposit) and Iā€™m still waiting on a delivery date. I was told on 10/22 7-12 days but still no word. Anyone know the time frame from when itā€™s done being built to delivery date.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I ordered mine 9/5 (left deposit) and Iā€™m still waiting on a delivery date. I was told on 10/22 7-12 days but still no word. Anyone know the time frame from when itā€™s done being built to delivery date.
There is a great write-up on this elsewhere on these forums. Basically, it could be 2 weeks, or 2 months. And there's no rhyme or reason. It also depends on how close you are to the factory (rail or truck). I also know that the delivery right now is the bottleneck. They are able to crank them out, but getting truck or rail car seems to be the issue. Add to that talk of a possible trucker strike...be patient.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agree. It's all over the board. It seems like many are somewhere around 6-8 weeks from order to delivery. But a few have went quicker.....While some go longer too.

They should give people the ability to drive to the factory themselves to pick up and save the $1,500 destination charge they hit you with. My sticker was posted on 11/4 on Crypto but my dealer is telling me it's not scheduled to arrive until the end of this month.

I'm about 4 to 5 hours away from the factory and basically going to be waiting 3 weeks for it to ship to the dealer according to what I'm being told.

It shouldn't take longer to transport them than to build them IMO but that seems to be the case in some instances.

There is a great write-up on this elsewhere on these forums. Basically, it could be 2 weeks, or 2 months. And there's no rhyme or reason. It also depends on how close you are to the factory (rail or truck). I also know that the delivery right now is the bottleneck. They are able to crank them out, but getting truck or rail car seems to be the issue. Add to that talk of a possible trucker strike...be patient.

mellowjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX 460
My Jeep build sheet just showed up with the Vin search this week, sheet says move from D1 to D1 Forward? Is D1 Forward a good thing? Dealer said the estimated ship date was 10/16... you think I'll see some movement over the next few days?
Sponsored