Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I wonder how efficient regen will be on this thing. It could cover the whole commute depending on the conditions. If the 25 mile range is even accurate.
excellent if they’re talking about 1 pedal driving
Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I guess I'm still confused at the mileage range per tank. I can get 390ish miles to a full tank as it is now with the 3.6... how is this basically the same? smaller gas tank?
tank will be smaller on this to make space to the assorted extra parts

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Gahhh, I am so impatient for my first Wrangler.

I want to see the prices for this released before deciding between this and regular gas

Hurry up Jeep!
Coming from personal experience on two 2018 Wrangler JLs... you are out of your freaking mind to buy the first model year on something so radically different from the normal Wrangler. I knew buying a new model first year was going to have some headache...

Jeep #1
Radiator replaced
Paint thin and see primer through
Bad tie rod ends
Loose steering
Leaking tranny/t-case shaft seal
Leaking CAM positioning sensors
Leaky steering gear box

Jeep#2
Entire steering system replaced after repeated lock ups.
Rear axle locker sensor failure
Sway bar disconnect switch failure and locker rocker switch wore out in 36k miles

I think I covered everything. Now throw in the fact that this is the first ever electric Wrangler and you have a recipe for pure hell ownership. You couldn't give me one, I'd turn around and sell it and buy a 3.6L with NO e torque.

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
Coming from personal experience on two 2018 Wrangler JLs... you are out of your freaking mind to buy the first model year on something so radically different from the normal Wrangler. I knew buying a new model first year was going to have some headache...

Jeep #1
Radiator replaced
Bad tie rod ends
Loose steering
Leaky steering gear box

Jeep#2
Sway bar disconnect switch failure and locker rocker switch wore out in 36k miles

I think I covered everything. Now throw in the fact that this is the first ever electric Wrangler and you have a recipe for pure hell ownership. You couldn't give me one, I'd turn around and sell it and buy a 3.6L with NO e torque.

Same reason I didn't go diesel with my 2020 JLUR

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same reason I didn't go diesel with my 2020 JLUR
It's one thing to be a new model but a whole other beast to essentially be a brand new vehicle and FCA quality is not ranked up there as most of us have experienced.

Sponsored

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
It's one thing to be a new model but a whole other beast to essentially be a brand new vehicle and FCA quality is not ranked up there as most of us have experienced.
Fair enough, though I'd still rather wait at least a year when a major change is rolled out - like a whole new engine, especially with as complicated as the emissions system is on the diesel.

I love the idea of a diesel, just as I do a hybrid - for the increases in both mileage and power. But I bought my JLUR with the idea of building it and keeping it as long as I can. I'm hoping all the electronics in it will stand the test of time, but that is also the reason that I didn't even consider the 2.0T - I worry about the long term reliability of turbocharged engines. And throw in all of the complexity of the diesel emissions system or, especially, the hybrid, in its first model year, and I'd be even more concerned about how long it will last without some seriously costly repairs.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Those look like a slight variation of the option rubicon gladiator wheels to me

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Those look like a slight variation of the option rubicon gladiator wheels to me
Base 4xe and Sahara 4xe are slated to have 20" wheels, so they'll certainly be something new to the Wrangler!

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06

Jeep #1
Radiator replaced
Bad tie rod ends
Loose steering
Leaky steering gear box

Jeep#2

Is it really going to be that different though? Isn't the powertrain mostly the same, and the electric stuff has been used before, other than putting it in a new type of vehicle, I don't see much outside the norm going wrong???

FWIW I bought a 2018 JLUR new as well. Only issue I've had so far is a garage button issue and of course that steering issue (that's for all 2018-2020s tho) and my issue isn't that bad.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is it really going to be that different though? Isn't the powertrain mostly the same, and the electric stuff has been used before, other than putting it in a new type of vehicle, I don't see much outside the norm going wrong???

FWIW I bought a 2018 JLUR new as well. Only issue I've had so far is a garage button issue and of course that steering issue (that's for all 2018-2020s tho) and my issue isn't that bad.
Engine wise I guess it will be similar I would assume but you've got an entire electric drive system that has never been used in a Wrangler before. It may have been used elsewhere in other vehicles in other configurations but not in the Wrangler.
I've got a real bad taste in my mouth from the first model year blues and then add in the whole electric factor and I say no thanks.
But opinions are like butt holes... everyone has one and they all stink :)

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
What is the black plastic thing on the cowl in front of drivers mirror?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The wheels in the PDF look like my Recon wheels but with a white Jeep instead of red.
3E0A0083-4K.jpg

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
1987 is when Chrysler bought Jeep, maybe May 25th?
Good guess, but that's not it. The deal was announced on March 10, 1987, and completed on August 6, 1987. Can't figure out what would've happened on May 25. With Jeep's love of putting Easter Eggs on the Wrangler, I have to believe it means something.

Then again, it could just be something random. Like the birthdate of one of the kids of an engineer or someone working in the ad department.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link