Sponsored

EcoDiesel sound level

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Picked up my EcoDiesel 10 days ago. The morning we left to get it, I read an article that said, "It is SO loud, get used to saying things twice!" WHAT! So not true. I can barely hear it running. Not sure what the writer was trying to accomplish, but he nearly had me second guessing myself. My wife happened to ask me that morning, is it going to be loud?" I told her I didn't think so, but also told her about the article. I gave her some peace when I said that if we didn't like it, we would move on. On the test drive, the little lady asked the salesman if he had the right car, the diesel?
Totally awesome Jeep and soooo glad it's mine. I had a 2.0 turbo and I loved that too, but ever since hearing that the D was coming out, I yearned. Hadda do it. Like Nike says, "just do it."
Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I wish mine were louder - when a guy removed the last 'muffler' in the exhaust system over in the diesel section, I got excited until he reported "It doesn't sound any different". I even wish it had just a touch of turbo whine when ya get in it :rock:

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Picked up my EcoDiesel 10 days ago. The morning we left to get it, I read an article that said, "It is SO loud, get used to saying things twice!" WHAT! So not true. I can barely hear it running. Not sure what the writer was trying to accomplish, but he nearly had me second guessing myself. My wife happened to ask me that morning, is it going to be loud?" I told her I didn't think so, but also told her about the article. I gave her some peace when I said that if we didn't like it, we would move on. On the test drive, the little lady asked the salesman if he had the right car, the diesel?
Totally awesome Jeep and soooo glad it's mine. I had a 2.0 turbo and I loved that too, but ever since hearing that the D was coming out, I yearned. Hadda do it. Like Nike says, "just do it."
I love the sound and sound level of mine. Maybe the person who thought it was loud did a cold-start while parked inside inside a concrete storm drain. I'll tell you what's loud – the Pentastar when it has to downshift two gears and scream at high RMP up a high-altitude mountain pass to stay at 80mph.
Sponsored