Sponsored

Anyone having issue with dash Compass and GPS?

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
That was good advice. Took it to the dealer today and same thing happened. They said the update locked up the radio and they were unable to revert it back to the prior software version. New radio ordered - guess I'll be meditating during my drives for the next 10 days.
Haven't found anyone that attempted to upgrade the software that actually worked. Ya, they had mine for about 10 days. Gave me a 4 cyl. Jeep loaner. Thank God I didn't buy a 4 cyl. Jeep Cares is the best! They helped so much in dealing with the service department. I had other work done (death wobble) and Jeep Cares tech wanted pictures of the repair, talked service through the whole procedure. Can't say enough about Jeep Cares.
Sponsored

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Hi, I do apologize your dealership was unable to duplicate you concern. Your dealer will need to be able to duplicate the concern for themselves in order to determine the root cause. I would recommend keeping in contact with them to insure they can assist you. If you have any additional questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach back out. We are just a private message away and always happy to help.

Alison
JeepCares
The dealer is replacing the Uconnect system

Bay Sailor

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have the same intermittent issues and they did replicate in the shop. They didnā€™t have a fix and told me to wait for an update. That was at least until my GPS issues started. Iā€™m thinking I may just need to have them replace the radio.
I had the exact same issue with my GPS and Compass beginning in May. The GPS was saying I was about 40 miles away from my actual location. I took it into the dealer and they said they needed to do a software update. They called back stating the update failed and it fried the radio and would need to be replaced. They have given me a loaner which I have had for about a week and a half. They said it would be about another week before it actually arrives....

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
The dealer is replacing the Uconnect system
Dealer has had vehicle for 2 weeks. Was told on Saturday it could take 6 months to get a new system from supplier!! @JeepCares might want to get in front of this one

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dealer has had vehicle for 2 weeks. Was told on Saturday it could take 6 months to get a new system from supplier!! @JeepCares might want to get in front of this one
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So add me to the list of people with this issue. I noticed it this past weekend, Compass was 180 deg off, Map said I was 50 miles away, GPS signal was non-existent. I called the dealer and set up an appointment, they said that they had seen the issue on a few late model wranglers. On the first one, the update worked, the second one the update bricked the radio. They said their first step is to attempt an update and if that isn't successful, they would have to order a replacement radio.

Took it to the dealer this morning and the updates were not successful and the update bricked the radio. I knew this was a possibility from reading the threads on this forum and from what happened to the other customers radio. The radio fuse had to be pulled because the error message was on the screen even after shutting the Jeep off. They have no ETA on a new radio, the other customer has been waiting over a month for theirs.

@JeepCares can you assist on getting this resolved quicker?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So add me to the list of people with this issue. I noticed it this past weekend, Compass was 180 deg off, Map said I was 50 miles away, GPS signal was non-existent. I called the dealer and set up an appointment, they said that they had seen the issue on a few late model wranglers. On the first one, the update worked, the second one the update bricked the radio. They said their first step is to attempt an update and if that isn't successful, they would have to order a replacement radio.

Took it to the dealer this morning and the updates were not successful and the update bricked the radio. I knew this was a possibility from reading the threads on this forum and from what happened to the other customers radio. The radio fuse had to be pulled because the error message was on the screen even after shutting the Jeep off. They have no ETA on a new radio, the other customer has been waiting over a month for theirs.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Dealer came through today. The person who has been waiting a month for theirs to be fixed had a replacement on order since July, but got with Jeep Customer service last week and they were rush shipping them one. Both showed up today and it took them less than 2 hours to have replaced.

I was without radio for a total of 4 days. Canā€™t say enough good things about the dealer (I-20 Dodge Canton, TX).

@JeepCares

Gaby

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl 2019
I resolve the same issue replace the sierra wireless airdcar, the card are damage. Its easy to change. And the gps its working again.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone having issue with dash Compass and GPS? 20200823_134859

Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I resolve the same issue replace the sierra wireless airdcar, the card are damage. Its easy to change. And the gps its working again.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone having issue with dash Compass and GPS? 20200823_134859
Do you have any more information? My 8.4 UConnect has lost all cellular connectivity, which apparently has result in my GPS, compass and Guardian not working.

Where is this card located? Inside the head unit or somewhere else? Is it a MOPAR part number, and if so, what's the number? Any additional detail would be helpful.

Gaby

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl 2019
Do you have any more information? My 8.4 UConnect has lost all cellular connectivity, which apparently has result in my GPS, compass and Guardian not working.

Where is this card located? Inside the head unit or somewhere else? Is it a MOPAR part number, and if so, what's the number? Any additional detail would be helpful.
Its inside the radio in the right side panel. Its easy to change davicarm_0 on ebay and tell him about the card or send him this photo. I buy to him.

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Its inside the radio in the right side panel. Its easy to change davicarm_0 on ebay and tell him about the card or send him this photo. I buy to him.
Good information in case this happens again and itā€™s out of warranty.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Luckily mine was still under warranty- I just always like to understand how all this works. This failure for me necessitated a complete head unit replacement b the dealer. Working great again now!

trurob777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Luckily mine was still under warranty- I just always like to understand how all this works. This failure for me necessitated a complete head unit replacement b the dealer. Working great again now!
The dealer also told me I need the entire radio replaced. They tried a software update 1st and no dice. Why wouldn't they just replace the GPS card?
Sponsored