First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This afternoon I installed the Mishimoto Performance Air intake and their Performance Intercooler Pipe. I've had the Borla Climber Touring cat back exhaust for a few weeks now. I think the combo of intake enhancements and the Borla exhaust is a good combo and my seat of the pants dyno says there is a nice performance improvement. No data to back it up, but it feels stronger. Also mounted up my hitch mounted flag for the test run around the block. Merica!

Jeep_and_Flag.jpg

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
I looked for a long time at various muffler options, but couldn’t really see a lot of benefits. So I spent $10 on spray paint and at least made it disappear.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep_and_Fla
Looks good - I’ve got the black high-heat rattle can sitting in my garage waiting for me to do this quick/easy/cheap fix as well. Hopefully you took the giant spit wad out of your tail pipe after snapping this pic -

ERP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla P85D, BMW M4 Convertible, Lotus Elise Track Car, 20' JLUR
Occupation
New Product & Automation Engineer
The rear reflectors are held in by a single 7 mm screw, a tab on the side and a weak snap tab. Once the screw is removed it comes out easily.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've done the muffler delete, which makes the job easier. You basically want to stick your head where the muffler is, so you can look straight into the back of the bumper and see the screw. You'll also want an ~8" socket extension to reach the screw. I have the steel bumpers, not sure if the other bumpers have different access.

Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I looked for a long time at various muffler options, but couldn’t really see a lot of benefits. So I spent $10 on spray paint and at least made it disappear.

E3C7DA5B-4BBF-489F-8EF3-3877C23F2606.jpeg
Spray paint that makes things disappear ! I need a few cans ! Im thinkin my neighbor's Pit bull

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I don't recall footrests from my YJ days (and I could page through accessory catalogs with the best of them).

Do they have a properly functional purpose, beyond stretching one's leg?
It has been my guess that the folks that add the footrest to their jeeps are also Harley riders that like ape bars and the spread eagled look with wind blowing up their pants legs.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ape-hangers

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly you’ve never ridden a motorcycle and enjoyed the freedom it brings. Driving top and doors off, with a leg hanging out the side is the closest thing you can get on 4 wheels. I do this even if there is not another soul in sight. It’s not about attention.
Quite the contrary. I've owned dozens of motorcycles since about 6 years old. All real riding types of bikes. None of that ridiculous Harley fists in the air, parade formation, highway pegs on main St bull shit. Real bikes that are actually worth riding.

You continue hanging limbs out of moving vehicles. And I'll continue actually using them in ways that have no forgiveness for not being taken seriously. My left leg supports my driving position a worlds better when firmly braced inside the vehicle, not flopping outside of it.