Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUS
2021 diesel Willys
Order date 8/19/2020
Build sheet 9/17/2020
Sticker found 9/18/2020

Just received an email from VIN tracking saying my Sticker is found!!

I'm so excited! I wonder how much longer I have to wait? Just want to be able to drive my jeep!
well, as soon as I got home WITH my new Jeep I finally got the email that the sticker was found lol. So maybe soon!!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My 2 Door is also in KS status per dealer text yesterday. I didn't see KS on Nerubi's order status guide. Anyone know what this status is? Thanks
Never heard of KS. JS or KZ but not KS. Ask the dealer what it means and let us know.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely. And with today’s technology, there is no reason not to have a “GoPro” set up at every major station at Toledo North that would snap a pic of your Jeep as it progressed down the line. Offer it as an upgrade when ordering, I’d pay $200 for that.
This has been discussed before. Jeep controls access to the assembly process. Journalist tours are !imited to what Jeep wants them to see. according to employees they can be fired for taking pictures on the floor, even though Manquel pushes that rule sometimes. They don 't do plant tours like some other brands do. Guess they figure they are in the business of building Jeeps not documenting them.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that I may have mentioned this before. In 2016, when I ordered my JK, there was a service offered by another website that had a tracking product. For $25 you could track your order online from order to delivery - right down to the railroad stations as they were passed. It was almost like having a GPS transmitter attached to your Jeep.

My wife ordered a Mini about ten years ago. She was even able to get a screen shot of her freighter moving through the Panama Canal.

I think that Jeep is missing a revenue opportunity here. Plus, I suspect that the staffing at Jeep Chat could be reduced. But, more importantly, would be the customer satisfaction created.
Jeep Chat came about after Jeep got rid of the reporting system they used to have. From what I read customers complained about the online service so they dropped it. The way some complain about Jeep Chat they may get rid of that.
Dealers have the status reporting and transit reporting systems that can show everything but a lot of dealers don't want to be constantly bothered with inquiries. They are the customer facing part of the equation. According to a couple of dealers that were briefed by corporate they may try to increase customer insight again to reduce dealers getting called all the time. But like anything that is customer facing they will probably get complaints about anything they do.

balbright18

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Never heard of KS. JS or KZ but not KS. Ask the dealer what it means and let us know.
I'm from PA and got the same code from my sales manager once mine was released from plant. He said it was the code that it was shipped. Just a guess but since cbpdpm is also from PA I wonder if that's the code for shipping via truck. Since the other K shipping codes (distance from dealer, stops, etc. are more valid if it's coming by train).

So KS would basically be...it's released and in shipping and on a truck somewhere. It'll get there when it gets there.

Sponsored

cbpdpm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I'm from PA and got the same code from my sales manager once mine was released from plant. He said it was the code that it was shipped. Just a guess but since cbpdpm is also from PA I wonder if that's the code for shipping via truck. Since the other K shipping codes (distance from dealer, stops, etc. are more valid if it's coming by train).

So KS would basically be...it's released and in shipping and on a truck somewhere. It'll get there when it gets there.
Thanks for the input. Jeep chat yesterday said ETA 9/28-10/12.

balbright18

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks for the input. Jeep chat yesterday said ETA 9/28-10/12.
My original ETA ended on 9/11. That week I got a delayed ETA 9/7-9/21. It showed up last Friday 9/11. It's well worth the wait!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Could be.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
From what I can tell, none of these are even built until almost 4 weeks from order date at the earliest.

Sponsored

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
From what I can tell, none of these are even built until almost 4 weeks from order date at the earliest.
Yep, I’m sitting at 4 weeks from order today, and it’s not scheduled to be built for another week and a half. That would make it 5-1/2 weeks from order to build.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Yep, I’m sitting at 4 weeks from order today, and it’s not scheduled to be built for another week and a half. That would make it 5-1/2 weeks from order to build.
The last time I spoke with Jeep Chat, I was told "The next information that we will see will be the actual build of your new Jeep, Frame, then paint, then trim." I specifically asked her if there would be a status about a scheduled build date prior and she said no, and reiterated the above.

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last time I spoke with Jeep Chat, I was told "The next information that we will see will be the actual build of your new Jeep, Frame, then paint, then trim." I specifically asked her if there would be a status about a scheduled build date prior and she said no, and reiterated the above.
You should’ve got an estimated ship date when your Jeep went to D1 status. That is the estimated build date.

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Co
She would not provide that. She told me what I just posted.
Contact your dealer, ask them if you are in D1 and if so what is your estimated ship date.
Sponsored