DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 9.57 cSt @ 100°C (60%/40% 0W-20/5W-30)
Yeah, I was looking at your mixing calculator and was thinking of juicing the 0w20 to a thicker 20 weight or a think 30 weight with maybe putting 4 quarts of 0w20 and 1 quart of 5w30 in there or what you did, maybe for next summer.

Here is the 5w30 data sheet.

Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5w30

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was looking at your mixing calculator and was thinking of juicing the 0w20 to a thicker 20 weight or a think 30 weight with maybe putting 4 quarts of 0w20 and 1 quart of 5w30 in there or what you did, maybe for next summer.

Here is the 5w30 data sheet.

Shell Rotella Gas Truck 5w30
100°F happening daily here and it typically does not drop into the 80s until Octoberish.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
100°F happening daily here and it typically does not drop into the 80s until Octoberish.
Lol, I lived in Houston for a year. I sometimes forget just how hot it gets down there. We had 3 days in a row of 92-93 degrees and you should have heard the complaints! Of course it was VERY humid, but still.

I will probably do 20% wich will get it a hair away from 9.0 or maybe 25% which would take it to 9.11. I think that is still a 20 weight, but close to 30. Our summers just aren't that bad. Our winters aren't terrible, either, so it wouldn't be a bad weight on that end. We may get one week with 10 below zero weather. Maybe two. Plus, my Jeep actually came with the block heater before they removed that piece from the cold weather package. Normally, it is garaged and the garage doesn't get below 55. So I kept it out one night when it dropped somewhere around 8 or 10 below, with it plugged in. When I started it in the morning, the initial reading on the coolant temp was a nice 60 degrees. Love that feature, even though I really don't need it. Especally with these oils that flow below 40 below.

Lucky for the Soviets the Germans didn't have these amazing oils when they got near Moscow and the Russian winter blew in!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Bought two more boxes on Sunday (yep, I've skipped over the bottles & jugs and went straight to the 3 jug box!) Have enough Rotella for six 4Runner changes & seven JL jobs. Still have 4 more M1 filters though, so I think I really need to get 1 more jug and 1 more box and just put this baby to rest :)

Thanks again @CarbonSteel

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I picked up more RGT 0w20 and then found this tonight, and ordered 2 cases. Just over a buck a quart, unless this is somehow mismarked. I've seen many outstanding UOAs on this oil, as well. I'd order more, but I'm now sitting on an oil glut, so I think I'm done.

The pic of the case and front of the bottle indicates the latest API SP version, which would be brand new stock. However, the pic of the back of the bottle is the SN+ version. i'll post on what shows up hopefully in a couple days.

Update: WM is saying it will be ready for pickup tomorrow. Weight is only listed as 2lb, so it very well could be a mismark. If it comes in as single quarts, I'll try and get the store manager to honor the errant price for cases. If they don't, then I'll simply return them for a refund. It says 1 qt, case of 6, so maybe it is a score. We will know tomorrow evening!

Mobil 1 0w20 AFE @ Walmart

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, I picked up more RGT 0w20 and then found this tonight, and ordered 2 cases. Just over a buck a quart, unless this is somehow mismarked. I've seen many outstanding UOAs on this oil, as well. I'd order more, but I'm now sitting on an oil glut, so I think I'm done.

The pic of the case and front of the bottle indicates the latest API SP version, which would be brand new stock. However, the pic of the back of the bottle is the SN+ version. i'll post on what shows up hopefully in a couple days.

Update: WM is saying it will be ready for pickup tomorrow. Weight is only listed as 2lb, so it very well could be a mismark. If it comes in as single quarts, I'll try and get the store manager to honor the errant price for cases. If they don't, then I'll simply return them for a refund. It says 1 qt, case of 6, so maybe it is a score. We will know tomorrow evening!

Mobil 1 0w20 AFE @ Walmart
OMG, the sickness has been kicked up a notch! I'm on a road trip in Topeka KS to see my mom and it shows that they're available for pickup locally here. Might have to make the trip down the road. Like I said I only need enough oil for four more changes!
thanks @DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OMG, the sickness has been kicked up a notch! I'm on a road trip in Topeka KS to see my mom and it shows that they're available for pickup locally here. Might have to make the trip down the road. Like I said I only need enough oil for four more changes!
thanks @DanW
Don't be shocked if it is mismarked and is only 1 quart for that price. I'll know tomorrow evening. Walmart has done it both ways. I've picked up smokin deals and I've encountered mismarks. We shall see!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Don't be shocked if it is mismarked and is only 1 quart for that price. I'll know tomorrow evening. Walmart has done it both ways. I've picked up smokin deals and I've encountered mismarks. We shall see!
I'll know tomorrow morning and let you know :)

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It"s for a single qt :(

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It"s for a single qt :(
Bummer. I'm going to work on the manager for a deal. Like I said, they've got 12 quart boxes sitting there with dust on them for $52. I would guess the manager wouldn't mind moving a couple of those out.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not the killer deal anymore, now it's just 1/2 price. Still better than some deals though

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Not the killer deal anymore, now it's just 1/2 price. Still better than some deals though
So I ended up with:

115 QTs of 0W-20
80 QTs of 5W-30

I am mixing it 60/40 and that nets me 38 OCs @ 5K per OC or a little over 200K on the clock when I run out.

I sent a sample of the virgin mix for a VOA to see how close the viscosity is to what the calculator said it would be and will post the results here.

I also just completed my first 5K OC and sent a sample for a UOA.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bought two more boxes on Sunday (yep, I've skipped over the bottles & jugs and went straight to the 3 jug box!) Have enough Rotella for six 4Runner changes & seven JL jobs. Still have 4 more M1 filters though, so I think I really need to get 1 more jug and 1 more box and just put this baby to rest :)

Thanks again @CarbonSteel
What are you gonna do about that hotdog/ bun ratio?
Sponsored