First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
There are many posts talking about this- Mine was ordered January 30th, JB February 14th or so, KZ on February 28th and stuck in KZ still as of today. DO NOT celebrate too much when Jeep says it is shipping. I have no ETA for delivery and no one seems to know what is going on.

I personally no longer think it is just a soft top shortage, I think there was something found in the inspection process and now they are going through all the Jeeps before they send them out. The soft tops were on back order until mid-March, once mid-March came and went they pushed it back again. There was another member on here who was told they lost his keys and to check back in 2 weeks... this is either the worst product launch in history or Jeep is keeping something from us.
I ordered a 2007 JK back when the 4 door was first released and it took 4 months for me to get it. Ordered in October and it showed up in February. The JL release is a similar scenario, it should improve over time. I ordered a 2012 and 2016 and had them both in like 3 weeks. With my 2007 I started believing I'd never see it.
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a 2007 JK back when the 4 door was first released and it took 4 months for me to get it. Ordered in October and it showed up in February. The JL release is a similar scenario, it should improve over time. I ordered a 2012 and 2016 and had them both in like 3 weeks. With my 2007 I started believing I'd never see it.
I appreciate that but it still does not explain why mine has been sitting in KZ status for over a month.

Bzz’n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
For what it’s worth, here is my exchange with Jeep chat re my dual top order. No firm date of when the soft tops will arrive and they say it won’t ship without it. I’ve been in KZ for weeks. My eta ship date has change 5 times. The lack of meaningful communication is frustrating.
55E481C8-2BE5-46C0-8526-9A5B28ED36B6.png
5B48B457-E2CC-4C12-A0AB-EF0795CB28FB.png

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I have to ask, with all of these jeeps sitting wherevever they may be (warehouses, train yards, etc...) waiting for tops, at some point do they literally stop production as there is no place to put these?

I would be pissed if I ran Jeep, as an outside vendor is causing a single point failure in your production giving you a bad rep. Shame!

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
I have to ask, with all of these jeeps sitting wherevever they may be (warehouses, train yards, etc...) waiting for tops, at some point do they literally stop production as there is no place to put these?

I would be pissed if I ran Jeep, as an outside vendor is causing a single point failure in your production giving you a bad rep. Shame!
I don't know who's in charge over there, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to ship the vehicles and issues a I owe you on the soft tops. Somebody's at Jeep is falling asleep at the wheel.

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Just chatted with Jeep Chat and apparently my Jeep will not even be scheduled to begin production until they start receiving premium soft tops, slated for mid April!

I was like I ordered dual tops, meaning the soft top is going in a box in the back before shipping. You can build the entire thing in the mean time. He said I’m sorry that is not the case

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Just chatted with Jeep Chat and apparently my Jeep will not even be scheduled to begin production until they start receiving premium soft tops, slated for mid April!

I was like I ordered dual tops, meaning the soft top is going in a box in the back before shipping. You can build the entire thing in the mean time. He said I’m sorry that is not the case
That would be the case if they had somewhere to put your Jeep after it was built. Apparently they are having to ship built Jeeps to other ship yards that are waiting for soft tops because they ran out of room in Toledo. Then I assume they will ship the Jeeps back to Toledo to get the tops and then ship them back out again. It is a logistical nightmare that they are not wanting to add to.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Most likely because once they build it they really have no place to store it. Honestly I think you are better off with them holding off for a few reasons:

1. It won't be built and then sitting outside in the weather (high winds with sand, bird droppings, snow, pollen..)
2. It won't be shuffled around as they try to access other jeeps in the lot potentially.
3. It won't get stored on a lot and then have a lot of other jeeps stored in front of it delaying shipping after because it is blocked in deep.

I ordered soft top only and I am actually happy that they won't start it until they have a soft top for it. Yes they have to wait as I only have a soft top. I just would not want it to be built and hanging around in some lot for 30 plus days outside.

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella

Honestly that's the right way for them to move forward. They built all of these thousands of orders and stored them waiting for soft tops. Now they have a clusterf*ck because they have jammed their entire storage and shipping yards and they have thousands of jeeps all ready so ship at the same time. The entire build process takes a day, plus whatever options you picked at the body vendor.

If they just hold off all dual and soft top orders until they have the tops, they can keep shipping the other orders out while not really adding any extra time to yours. The people waiting for soft tops have been waiting weeks and weeks after the issue was supposedly resolved, most of which still aren't even shipping yet. But if they do it the way they have already been doing it, they'll delay not only the hard top orders, but the dual and soft top as well by even more than if they just waited to build the orders with soft tops.

Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I ordered on 2/23. Was told tonight that it should arrive at the dealership 4/7 to 4/11....ordered dual top, no mention below of it shipping without the top...

Jeep Wrangler JL Dual Top Delay Time {filename}
Dawn: Perfect thank you William, do you mind holding a moment while I look into it for you?
William McClafferty: no problem at all
Dawn: Thank you for holding, i am seeing that the vehicle is in shipping. With an ETA of 04/07/2018 - 04/11/2018
William McClafferty: Ok, great...I guess that won't change again until it ships....right?
Dawn: The ETA is the rough estimate on when it ships to the dealership
William McClafferty: Ok...got it. I saw the window sticker was available today which was good.
Dawn: It should arrive in time for the nice weather! You can take it for a cruise and break it in.
This is what gets me...You ordered after I did by a week, and even though I am still waiting on a dual top, yours ships before mine is even completed. Happy for you, but man...

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is what gets me...You ordered after I did by a week, and even though I am still waiting on a dual top, yours ships before mine is even completed. Happy for you, but man...
Mine had a shipping window of 3-05 to 3-09 and 3 weeks later my ETA is TBD. I always hope people get their Jeeps when they are promised but do not hold your breath.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red

What was your order date? Mine was 3/13 w/dual tops. Still in d status