Diesel Lift Kit?

Killertraylor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUD
Where did you find the diesel specific mopar lift? I’m finding that it’s sold out til December. Great info on the steering box btw.
I made a bunch of calls about this to several dealers a few days ago. The kit is apparently being "re-manufactured" which probably means they are just switching who builds the lift kit for them. There is a dealer in Idaho with 2 of the kits in stock for full retail plus tax, but they won't ship. I've decided to bag the Mopar lift and do Metalcloak or Dynatrac.
Sponsored

Papajeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I made a bunch of calls about this to several dealers a few days ago. The kit is apparently being "re-manufactured" which probably means they are just switching who builds the lift kit for them. There is a dealer in Idaho with 2 of the kits in stock for full retail plus tax, but they won't ship. I've decided to bag the Mopar lift and do Metalcloak or Dynatrac.
Great info. Had a similar experience. Was leaning that way as well. Let us know which way you go and how it goes.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Here is the best pricing ($1,244) that I've found. That said, I'm able to pick up from them (they're local), so freight may be high - I just don't know. FWIW, the dealership that they are associated with charges $420 for install.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/

Killertraylor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUD
Here is the best pricing ($1,244) that I've found. That said, I'm able to pick up from them (they're local), so freight may be high - I just don't know. FWIW, the dealership that they are associated with charges $420 for install.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/
Yep - that's who I was going to order from but shipping was $600+ to OR. Waiting for Northridge to get the Dynatrac lift for the diesel in and then I'll buy there with the forum discount unless Metalcloak has a sale in the meantime. My JLUD is on order so I've got awhile.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'm loving the MetalCloak Gamechanger 3.5. The ride with the RockSport shocks is great.

E652E90C-95A0-47DA-B0C9-FB300D36B368_1_201_a.jpeg

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Your Jeep looks great (and badass), but it's hard to focus on it with that natural beauty behind it. Keep in mind, I live in the desert - so that kind of thing catches my eye.

Papajeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
I'm loving the MetalCloak Gamechanger 3.5. The ride with the RockSport shocks is great.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Lift Kit? E652E90C-95A0-47DA-B0C9-FB300D36B368_1_201_a
Nice looking. Is that Diesel specific lift?37’s? Rub? Did you have to remove end pieces from the front bumper?

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking. Is that Diesel specific lift?37’s? Rub? Did you have to remove end pieces from the front bumper?
Thanks Mike! The lift is not Diesel specific, it's Metal Cloaks 3.5 GameChanger. It has 37's on it and yes it's Rubi. I'm not sure about the front bumper because I already had the ends off before I installed the lift.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
So now with the 4XE coming out at the end of the year and it's reported 6000+ lb weight, maybe we will see more lift manufacturers offering springs for both the Ecodiesel and 4XE since they should be about the same weight. Thoughts? Hopefully Metalcloak offers a higher rate spring soon.

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So now with the 4XE coming out at the end of the year and it's reported 6000+ lb weight, maybe we will see more lift manufacturers offering springs for both the Ecodiesel and 4XE since they should be about the same weight. Thoughts? Hopefully Metalcloak offers a higher rate spring soon.
Not sure the 4XE will help but I’m sure the gladiator will. I ordered the MC 3.5” with rick krawler 3.5” diesel springs

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Not sure the 4XE will help but I’m sure the gladiator will. I ordered the MC 3.5” with rick krawler 3.5” diesel springs
I've wondered about mixing kits. Let us know how it goes and how it rides.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I am very interested to hear how those springs ride/perform and the actual height gain you got. I have been considering exactly that combination myself.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mixing kits seems counterintuitive. Kit makers stake their reputation on carefully tuning components to work together. So... is that all out the window because some manufacturers are late to market?

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Mixing kits seems counterintuitive. Kit makers stake their reputation on carefully tuning components to work together. So... is that all out the window because some manufacturers are late to market?
I would have to agree as mfgs shock settings are tuned to spring rates, mixing and matching is recipe for disaster

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I’ve got some time as well before my diesel shows up I spent the day talking with a local 4x4 shop, 4 wheel parts and a Jeep dealer that has a custom shop and they do lots of Jeep lifts. Everyone said not to put a lift designed for the 3.6 on the diesel. All shops recommended the EVO or Mopar kit since they have designed diesel kits. 2 shops said the critical piece of the equation is to match the springs and shocks so the valving is correct. Makes sense, but I’m no suspension expert.
There happened to be a 2020 Rubicon diesel with the Mopar lift and 35’s at the local shop and the owner was very happy with the ride quality and the Fox shocks at 15k miles. He was dropping the Jeep off to haveTeraflex Apline arms installed for additional articulation as he progresses to more challenging trails.
Might not be a bad solution. Stick with the Mopar lift to avoid any warranty issues and add additional parts later as needed
Thoughts?

Update (9/28): Talked to the guy with the 2020 Rubicon Diesel today and he’s running the standard Mopar kit not the new Diesel kit, but sounds happy with it
Sponsored

Last edited: