First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
I have been very drawn to the Rock Krawler 2.5" x factor paired with falcon 3.3 piggyback shocks, Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

I have heard some negative reviews about the falcon 3.3's being to stiff, but on that same not many people are associating that to the fact that teraflex's springs are SUPER stiff too.

Mainly I am curious if utilizing RK's springs and arms along side the 3.3 falcons if that will create a much better riding JL.

If there is a better spring/arm set up that complements the falcon 3.3 I would love the Input, Falcon 3.3s just seem to be a great built adjustable shock for the cost.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have been very drawn to the Rock Krawler 2.5" x factor paired with falcon 3.3 piggyback shocks, Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

I have heard some negative reviews about the falcon 3.3's being to stiff, but on that same not many people are associating that to the fact that teraflex's springs are SUPER stiff too.

Mainly I am curious if utilizing RK's springs and arms along side the 3.3 falcons if that will create a much better riding JL.

Input please!
That’s funny, I just rode in one the other day. To me it was a little stiff on the highway on the soft setting, not bad though, and I’m not knocking them. But that said, it’s so subjective, you’ll likely get both sides of the fence responses. Everybody’s ass-in-seat experience is different. Also it depends on how and how often you off-road. They seem more geared for that to me, IMHO.......:)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I would probably pair springs and shocks from the same company. I have a Teraflex 3.5" lift with 3.3s and I really don't think they are stiff, especially on the soft setting. In my opinion the soft setting really is very similar to the stock Rubicon suspension. On the highway it feels great and responsive and maybe over speed bumps its a little stiff, but not much at all. I typically ride around on 2.3 and it isn't too stiff/firm for me and I like the way it handles.

Off road the Teraflex setup is incredible and where it really shines.
Sponsored