Sponsored

Looking to Travel out to Denver/ Moab for a 10 Day Overlanding Trip in 2 Weeks. Any Groups I can Contact for Wheeling Adventures

toecheese

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR MT
Occupation
Construction
Hi all,

As the title says, I am looking to get out to the Four Corners area coming from Washington D.C. We are leaving Thursday 9/24 around noon Looking to hit a couple spots on the way out, and hit Denver for the weekend, then maybe drive out to Moab during the week to explore... Nothing set in stone yet. I am rocking a stock '18 2 door JL Rubicon with a hitch tent system that adds an extra 200 pounds to the hitch, as well as an extra 150 pounds in the rear of gear. Never wheeled with this much gear before, so I don't know how the Jeep will handle it. If anyone knows of any experienced wheeling groups that will be out their during the time frame, I would love to tag along. Thanks in advanced for any info!
Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
@Krondor , Gary have any advise for Dennis?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
@Krondor , Gary have any advise for Dennis?
Stock, the springs were fairly soft. How far out does this hitch tent system extend? How much squat are we talking?

I haven't done a lot of group events so I can't steer ya to a good group in the area but try the following thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/official-denver-area-group.40118/

I think you will find that stock, the Rubicon is quite capable even with a bit of gear on board. Have fun out there.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Avoid the Rebel Off-road guys from my experience running into them on the trail. Aside from that irrelevant info, skip Denver and go to the San Juan Mountains. Your stock Rubicon could make most of the trails if not all in the area with great camping and phenomenal views. I was loaded with about 300 lbs of gear in the cargo area of my JLU running Black Bear and Imogene Pass. Great thing is you could run the SJM trail system alone for the most part. I wish we had more time in the area when we went.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Avoid the Rebel Off-road guys from my experience running into them on the trail. Aside from that irrelevant info, skip Denver and go to the San Juan Mountains. Your stock Rubicon could make most of the trails if not all in the area with great camping and phenomenal views. I was loaded with about 300 lbs of gear in the cargo area of my JLU running Black Bear and Imogene Pass. Great thing is you could run the SJM trail system alone for the most part. I wish we had more time in the area when we went.
Just got back home from there today. I couldn't agree more.

Go play in the Ouray area. :like:
Sponsored