Sponsored

Can you go through a car wash with the soft top?

RoadrunnerJL

First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Unlimited
I’m a first time Wrangler owner and yes, I know the point is to get her dirty. My weekends are now dedicated to that! But, I want her shiny during the workweek. Can you take it through the car wash with the soft top? Any advice?
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Can you take it through the car wash with the soft top? Any advice?
I've taken mine through the car wash multiple times since I purchased in 2018. I'd stick with the "touchless" ones as much as possible as the ones with rollers, etc. can damage the vinyl windows. I've had no issues with touchless, my vinyl still looks great (I've used the MOPAR window cleaner made for the soft top multiple times on them to preserve/protect and it seems to help.) You'll cringe when you drive through the dryer as it will feel and sound like your top is going to land on the car behind you, but so far everything is fine.

Now, with that I'll throw out this disclaimer: the only two words in the English language that have gotten me in more trouble in my life than the words "I do," are the words "Jeff said...." Just because I've used the car wash successfully doesn't mean everyone else will have the same luck. Many automatic car washes will not even allow a soft top of any kind through them because they don't want the liability.

Just my thoughts.

*** The opinions in this post do not necessarily represent the views of jlwranglerforums.com, FCA, Jeep, or Jeep owners everywhere. User discretion is advised. Must be 18 years or older to play. Taxes, title, tags, and batteries not included. Side effects include itchy, watery eyes,; runny nose; and fever. Void where prohibited.***

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
What Jeff said; I have ran my soft top through the touchless washes a few times (only had it 2 1/2 months) and so far so good. I have had a leak or two at the door seals, but it is a Jeep after all. That said, when I have the time I still enjoy doing the hand wash & dry at home. (Gives me a chance to really wash the undercarriage. After all, without the weight of the mud it's faster. ;))

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I do, almost weekly, at a Mister Carwash with brushes. I do use Plexus on the windows and they look like new.

Gregj

OP
OP
RoadrunnerJL

RoadrunnerJL

First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've taken mine through the car wash multiple times since I purchased in 2018. I'd stick with the "touchless" ones as much as possible as the ones with rollers, etc. can damage the vinyl windows. I've had no issues with touchless, my vinyl still looks great (I've used the MOPAR window cleaner made for the soft top multiple times on them to preserve/protect and it seems to help.) You'll cringe when you drive through the dryer as it will feel and sound like your top is going to land on the car behind you, but so far everything is fine.

Now, with that I'll throw out this disclaimer: the only two words in the English language that have gotten me in more trouble in my life than the words "I do," are the words "Jeff said...." Just because I've used the car wash successfully doesn't mean everyone else will have the same luck. Many automatic car washes will not even allow a soft top of any kind through them because they don't want the liability.

Just my thoughts.

*** The opinions in this post do not necessarily represent the views of jlwranglerforums.com, FCA, Jeep, or Jeep owners everywhere. User discretion is advised. Must be 18 years or older to play. Taxes, title, tags, and batteries not included. Side effects include itchy, watery eyes,; runny nose; and fever. Void where prohibited.***
Thank you! ✌

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadrunnerJL

RoadrunnerJL

First Name
Jenni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Jeff said; I have ran my soft top through the touchless washes a few times (only had it 2 1/2 months) and so far so good. I have had a leak or two at the door seals, but it is a Jeep after all. That said, when I have the time I still enjoy doing the hand wash & dry at home. (Gives me a chance to really wash the undercarriage. After all, without the weight of the mud it's faster. ;))
Thanks ✌
Sponsored