JLU receiver suggestions?

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
We're looking at prepping the JLUS for dinghy towing with our currently owned Blu-Ox Aventa II (Cl 4 - 10,000lb) tow bar. Rather than installing the BX1139 base plate which e-trailer confirms will fit our Wrangler with the stock plastic bumper, is there another receiver option that would both fit the current stock bumper and allow for a future after-market bumper?

We sure would hate to waste the $500 on the current base plate and wanted to check here to see if anyone has been through this before. Any alternatives? Or just suck it up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WiseguyDS

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
WiseguyDS

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And another option discovered before I sign off this thread is some nice looking bumpers by Rock Hard which include receiver brackets that can be bolted on for Blue Ox or other popular flat tow tow-bars. Since Id like to upgrade the front bumper anyway, this might be a better option. Also the tow brackets arent low which otherwise might interfere on rougher trails.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I have the rock hard 4x4 patriot aluminum bumper paired with LOD frame tie in brackets. Working great for towing over a year now.

OP
OP
WiseguyDS

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the rock hard 4x4 patriot aluminum bumper paired with LOD frame tie in brackets. Working great for towing over a year now.
Thanks for the feedback. I bought the Rock Hard 4x4 mid-width and having it installed next week. We’ll use the BO tow brackets. i should be ready to post some photos shortly!

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Please check out the LOD frame tie in brackets. The flanges that bumpers mount to are very weak. You do not want to rely on those alone.
Sponsored