Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
We will be adding to the argument: Pentastar vs Turbo vs Ecodiesel vs 4XE :CWL: :CWL:

but i think these arguments are a good thing as they usually give valuable info and first hand experience!
No, they usually provide assumptions, false conclusions, and the prioritization of one's own pride over any semblance of valuable info and first hand experience.

It comes down to the simple fact that only a very small percentage of regular posters have the required technical background, but get flooded over and argued by those that haven't a clue. The result is a needle in a haystack. The needle being those who know what they're talking about. The hay is what I outlined in the first paragraph. It's a grave disservice to those that come along looking for viable info to help them make an informed purchase.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My exact point. In a see if opinions, technical factual knowledge gets lost and lumped in, one in the same. Only those who actually know, can clearly see who's who. And those in the know loose more and more inclination to help, with every argument. It becomes easier and easier to just step back and watch the avoidable learning the hard way.

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? lebow

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll go a cool $22,500 + one-way flight back to wherever you live when you deliver it to me... On top of that I will throw in a $50/ea Target, Costco, Wal-Mart, & Mopar gift cards. Plus a free, 1 night stay in the sink hole in my back yard, it's a wonderful attraction that should be earning me some money...

At 22' deep and about 20' across at the widest point, I could bury a Wrangler in this thing... :) Well, I could have anyway before I spent a small fortune filling it back in...

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? IMG_6255

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I'll go a cool $22,500 + one-way flight back to wherever you live when you deliver it to me... On top of that I will throw in a $50/ea Target, Costco, Wal-Mart, & Mopar gift cards. Plus a free, 1 night stay in the sink hole in my back yard, it's a wonderful attraction that should be earning me some money...

At 22' deep and about 20' across at the widest point, I could bury a Wrangler in this thing... :) Well, I could have anyway before I spent a small fortune filling it back in...

wtf dude! it looks like one of those things they pulled Saddam Hussein out of.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
We will be adding to the argument: Pentastar vs Turbo vs Ecodiesel vs 4XE :CWL: :CWL:

but i think these arguments are a good thing as they usually give valuable info and first hand experience!
Ummm.. HEMI? You forgot HEMI!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
...1 night stay in the sink hole in my back yard, it's a wonderful attraction that should be earning me some money...

Question: does the county still get to collect the same property taxes...when a big chunk of your property just vanishes...?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question: does the county still get to collect the same property taxes...when a big chunk of your property just vanishes...?
Apparently so, not only that, the insurance wouldn't pay either since it didn't damage a "structure" on the property...

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Apparently so, not only that, the insurance wouldn't pay either since it didn't damage a "structure" on the property...
Makes sense as property insurance doesn't cover the land itself.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are in for it now! I'm going all in!

$20,000! Paid by Punjabi, in exchange for my guest room after his wife sees his bids. :like:
Wow..... Im out..... Defeated. I guess Ill have to settle for my Sahara.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
To the OP (Jeme), the regen is not bad. The only issue I have with it is that the only way to tell you have gone into a regen cycle is mileage drops. If you interrupt the cycle by turning off the engine, the cycle does not restart when you start the engine again. GDE, tuner, is working on a tune, probably out after the first of the year. It will have a message indicating where you are in the regen cycle, at least their Gen II engine had the. FCA should have really included that with this Gen III diesel.

Regarding the Rubi debate... I purchased the Rubi for creature comforts. I have already ordered new axles and suspension. The Hydro assist will have to wait until PSC finishes developing it, also should be after the first of the year.

Since you already have the Rubi, I agree with others that you hold onto it and see how you like it. The thing about the Jeep that most owners do, is to modify it. There is no vehicle in the word that has the aftermarket options that the Jeep does. So figure out you plan and enjoy it.

Best of luck!
Sponsored