I think I purchased too much Jeep?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I know I am late to this party, but I would recommend keeping the Rubicon. I bought one with thoughts of insane rock crawling dancing in my head. Have I done that? Nope, but I have taken it off-road and used 4-LO to climb some rocky hills and had a blast. I have driven on the beach and snow and have had a blast. It is always better to have a little too much of a good thing available, but not use it than be wanting it when you really need it. Like others have said take it on a fire road, cross an easy stream or just explore. I love that I can simply drive down almost any road to explore with the knowing that the vehicle is far more capable than me. Having said that I have a 6-speed manual and went off-roading last Saturday and I can tell how much more comfortable I am off-road than when I first started.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll raise you $300 and Target gift card........
Someone didn't check the bid sheet. Tisk tisk! Punjabi currently leads with his $5500 plus first grandchild offer.

I turn that tree hugging Start/Stop off every time I enter my Jeep. Doubt the ESS will be an issue for me as it now second nature for me to push that button. Wonder how the 2 Litre without eTorque will be with the A/C once the Jeep is standing at a red light with the engine running. My cousin is ordering himself a 2021 2 litre this weekend and he too has the same question.
I've got the 2.0 and it blows icy cold at idle. I was stuck on the drive thru line at the bank for 40 minutes on one of the hottest and most humid days. I could've hung meat in the back.

Except the new diesels don't even have that sound anymore. If I wanted a diesel in a Jeep, I'd buy an old CJ-7 and swap in a Cummins 4BT.
So that was you I saw, licking your lips and waving a ratchet out the window, chasing that Grumman bread truck down the road. It's driver looked frightened, and there was a hint of urine in the air as he sped by.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Someone didn't check the bid sheet. Tisk tisk! Punjabi currently leads with his $5500 plus first grandchild offer.

I said Raise you $300 PLUS a Target Gift card. So now its $5800 PLUS Target gift card. Beat that you bully...... Unless the grandchild is worth more than a target gift card. Well I have three, hmmmm, what would I give for them???? Ill have to think about that and get back with you.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand this debate about the number of doors - everyone knows that a real jeep comes with no doors, has exactly two seats, neither of which is adjustable, a fuel tank right under the driver's seat, at least 3 levers for the transmission and transfer case (4 if you have an overdrive), and leaf springs...

1600275527097.png
...and a stopper on the front tire... :LOL:

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Well I could upgrade that Target gift card with a Cosco card, and throw in a grandchild or two.....

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
$6000 PLUS a round trip ticket to India to go see the Taj Mahal (disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the pollution, the crime or a sickness) plus my first AND second Grandchild.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Have you ever owned a newer diesel with all the smog junk? I say this because I was never so disappointed with a vehicle as I was my 2012 Ram 3500 diesel. That regen garbage just ruined it for me. When I'd run around town it would start burning off all that soot and the mileage would plummet, not to mention the nasty smell of that process. That basically cured me of ever wanting another new diesel beyond 2007.
I had a couple Audi 3.0L TDI's. They were absolute beasts. With a mild tune >550 ft/lb of torque was on tap while still getting >28mpg. Zero reliability issues. Just fill the DEF tank and enjoy.

Then the dirty diesel saga. The fix was forced on us - either get the fix done and get paid off, or the dealer would no longer service the vehicle.

The fix stole all the torque, stole the mileage, and doubled the DEF consumption, and drove like shit when cold - pauses and bucking.

Audi did nothing to help. Eventually they came out with new inconel manifolds so they could run it at much higher EGT's to help burn off the soot and not sap so much performance. But those manifolds are reserved for the squeaky wheels, and very limited supply.

So thank VW for ending Diesel commercial vehicles.....

Will never own another VAG product due to how badly they screwed over their customers.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
For loser trolls with zero reading comprehension.
Yes, sorry if it didn't come across as joshing around.

I love all Jeeps. Every single JL sold is a good thing as it helps the product line get continued investment from FCA which benefits us all. The Mohave's are an example.

Also every Jeep JL sold helps the aftermarket suppliers justify new products and continued investment. This also benefits all us JL owners. It means in 15 years we hopefully have plenty of service parts and options available.

Every Wrangler and JT gets the Jeep wave from me. JT's only if they initiate, but still get it as close enough to a JL all the above applies.

So really sorry if it was taken as offensive but just trying to lighten up the eternal MODEL/ENGINE bickering on here.

When the electric Jeep shows up it will also get the wave and my love as it hopefully brings the Wrangler to another segment of buyers.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Yes, sorry if it didn't come across as joshing around.

I love all Jeeps. Every single JL sold is a good thing as it helps the product line get continued investment from FCA which benefits us all. The Mohave's are an example.

Also every Jeep JL sold helps the aftermarket suppliers justify new products and continued investment. This also benefits all us JL owners. It means in 15 years we hopefully have plenty of service parts and options available.

Every Wrangler and JT gets the Jeep wave from me. JT's only if they initiate, but still get it as close enough to a JL all the above applies.

So really sorry if it was taken as offensive but just trying to lighten up the eternal MODEL/ENGINE bickering on here.

When the electric Jeep shows up it will also get the wave and my love as it hopefully brings the Wrangler to another segment of buyers.
We will be adding to the argument: Pentastar vs Turbo vs Ecodiesel vs 4XE :CWL: :CWL:

but i think these arguments are a good thing as they usually give valuable info and first hand experience!

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I ordered my Ecodiesel JLU Rubicon the day I found out I could get the diesel, no regrets.
Thank you! How are the regen process that everyone talks about? I think a lot of people talk about it but not hearing much about it from owners of diesel vehicles? Thanks

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Well I could upgrade that Target gift card with a Cosco card, and throw in a grandchild or two.....
$6000 PLUS a round trip ticket to India to go see the Taj Mahal (disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the pollution, the crime or a sickness) plus my first AND second Grandchild.
You guys are in for it now! I'm going all in!

$20,000! Paid by Punjabi, in exchange for my guest room after his wife sees his bids. :like:

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You guys are in for it now! I'm going all in!

$20,000! Paid by Punjabi, in exchange for my guest room after his wife sees his bids. :like:
You can have it for $20k lmao!
Sponsored