First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
just a bit of a word of caution to everyone hoping the other gear box solves all your issues, its very similar to the JK gearbox, of which we have gone thru four of them. Good Luck.
isnt the JK a hydraulic system ?
Sponsored

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
After about 2-3K miles I tried to grease the brace and I couldn't get it to take any grease. I pulled it off, and you guessed it, bearing had rotated. I contacted Synergy via the email address on their site. Scott had me provide my receipt to verify the purchase, and he shipped me out the new version. No cost, no trouble. Yesterday I was approved for the tsb repair. So I will see if the new steering box is 100%. If not I have a new brace I will install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 62182298378__A595EB15-7B6F-4936-B1C5-2EA1B1B5513D.JPG

confusiussaid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After about 2-3K miles I tried to grease the brace and I couldn't get it to take any grease. I pulled it off, and you guessed it, bearing had rotated. I contacted Synergy via the email address on their site. Scott had me provide my receipt to verify the purchase, and he shipped me out the new version. No cost, no trouble. Yesterday I was approved for the tsb repair. So I will see if the new steering box is 100%. If not I have a new brace I will install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 62182298378__A595EB15-7B6F-4936-B1C5-2EA1B1B5513D.JPG
Nice. I just sent them an email to get the updated part also.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a grease groove in the bushing ?
Nope! I spoke with them and they were/are considering a grease grove and additional zerk on the sector shaft nut. Not sure they have figured that one out yet.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Well shit, I was told 3-4wks ago a new one was coming out and they'd ship me one when available but I haven't got mine yet. Hopefully soon. In the mean time it's locktite'd and working so far.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For the guys that are still using the sector shaft brace, what grease are you using. I’ve been using Lucas Xtreme. It’s ok, but I’d like to find something stickier and water proof.

Also I just put a set screw in one that we only put loctite on to see if that would hold. It only stayed in place for about a thousand miles.

So far I haven’t heard of any of the pinned ones failing.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using the Synergy grease.

Since I added the set screw (no loctite) about 5k miles ago, mine hasn't rotated. It still accepts grease easily and doesn't make any abnormal sounds. That set screw has seemed to do the trick.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Synergy sent me a new brace with updated one.
Thanks synergy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 20201015_103413
i sent them mine and got it back yesterday, looks just like yours. quick turn around too.

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list. My sector shaft brace wouldn't take any grease. I pulled it off and noticed that the brass ring has rotated.

I'm going to reach out to synergy to get the newer part. In the meantime is my Jeep safe to drive without the sector shaft brace secured to their pitman arm nut?

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list. My sector shaft brace wouldn't take any grease. I pulled it off and noticed that the brass ring has rotated.

I'm going to reach out to synergy to get the newer part. In the meantime is my Jeep safe to drive without the sector shaft brace secured to their pitman arm nut?
Yes, there's no problem with having the sector shaft brace portion removed while driving.

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, there's no problem with having the sector shaft brace portion removed while driving.
I assumed so. Thanks for confirming. I have a big Jeep trip coming up in a couple weeks and I don't want to have to worry about this just in case I don't get a replacement part sent to me by then.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed so. Thanks for confirming. I have a big Jeep trip coming up in a couple weeks and I don't want to have to worry about this just in case I don't get a replacement part sent to me by then.
Since you already have it off, it's pretty easy to put your own set screw in to keep the bronze bushing from turning. I did this to mine and hasn't rotated in 6k miles. It's worked so well, I haven't bothered contacting Synergy for the updated design.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rack-bar-and-sector-shaft-brace.50148/page-15

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I reached out to Synergy for a new sector shaft brace. Couple pics of mine and my receipt from purchase. Had the new shaft brace in 3days.

Shadwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 2 door Sport
You guys received the updated replacement sector shaft in a couple days? I reached out to Synergy a month ago and did the picture and invoice. I was told they will send me a updated replacement. I still haven't got it. I think they forgot about me.
Sponsored

Last edited: