Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder how they were able to come up with the delivery window. Regardless, that’s great news. Fast turnaround.
If Jeep Chat they have a standard 2 week window from the day before you talk to them, then in a few days the two week window moves, and moves.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I"m thinking we'll see faster builds. Didn't they only start building the 21's in August? of course folks who ordered in June are going to have a long wait.
Remember, what you see on the forum and Crypto is less than 1% of all of their builds. Plus dealers are getting some priorty because they need them on the lots for lookers and buyers. Train availability will be going down for the next few months as grain is moved out of silos to make room for the new crops.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Train availability will be going down for the next few months as grain is moved out of silos to make room for the new crops.
Leave to the Nebraskan to suggest that grain gets priority over my new Jeep. :)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Does Jeep offer courtesy deliveries to local dealers? You order at one dealership, but it gets delivered to a different dealer. I once ordered a car (not a Jeep) through a Florida dealer and had it delivered to a Colorado dealer. Worked great, and there were no extra delivery costs. I simply paid the "dealer prep" fees to the local dealer instead of the selling dealer. I say this because Jeeps are great, but not exactly a road trip favorite.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does Jeep offer courtesy deliveries to local dealers? You order at one dealership, but it gets delivered to a different dealer. I once ordered a car (not a Jeep) through a Florida dealer and had it delivered to a Colorado dealer. Worked great, and there were no extra delivery costs. I simply paid the "dealer prep" fees to the local dealer instead of the selling dealer. I say this because Jeeps are great, but not exactly a road trip favorite.
The sales managers I've talked with said it doesn't happen. They receive it, prep it and the customer can pay a transport company to bring it to your locale.

Sponsored

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
As you will soon discover, the JL is a game changer.
Heard plenty of reviews about this exactly, I’ve driven my JKU from Denver to Small town Minnesota plenty of times, getting my new 2 Dr Rubicon hopefully this week if not next (it’s being unloaded from train as of Monday AM). I am excited to slap on 1,400 miles and compare.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Heard plenty of reviews about this exactly, I’ve driven my JKU from Denver to Small town Minnesota plenty of times, getting my new 2 Dr Rubicon hopefully this week if not next (it’s being unloaded from train as of Monday AM). I am excited to slap on 1,400 miles and compare.
Early congrats! May I recommend turning off the screen while you drive your new Wrangler? If you need gps, use your phone. Nothing quite like being distraction free and taking in all the essence of the JL as you journey to where you need to go. Safe travels and happy Jeeping!!!!

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Early congrats! May I recommend turning off the screen while you drive your new Wrangler? If you need gps, use your phone. Nothing quite like being distraction free and taking in all the essence of the JL as you journey to where you need to go. Safe travels and happy Jeeping!!!!
A road trip without music? No thanks.

Sponsored

PGJeep17

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
First Post - Just ordered my JLU Sport S today from Koons in Tysons Corner (VA), so thanks to the Forum members for the recommendation and to Craig for making the process easy. Billet Silver with limited options other than dual top, automatic e-torque engine and technology group. Already have a list of after-market options to obtain / install, so looking forward to it. Would love recommendations on what people do with the wheels/tires that they swap out, as well as preference for 33" replacement tires/wheels, or point me to that post on the forum, as I am new here. Looking forward to Jeep Life.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
If Jeep Chat they have a standard 2 week window from the day before you talk to them, then in a few days the two week window moves, and moves.
Do the dealers have the ability to get more info than chat then?

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Do the dealers have the ability to get more info than chat then?
They generally do. They have to have Rubicon VLS or something like it to track it once it leaves the factory. I have found it gets updated about as much as Jeep Chat recently....

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Today is the two week ordering anniversary, so thought I'd check in with Jeep Chat to see what's going on. I got this message:

I am showing that at this time all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

This sounds encouraging.

Niffer

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante Fe—Putting order in this weekend for Rubicon
My MT JLUR is now in the shipping stage with no dealer ETA per Jeep chat. Now, to wait for it to head to NC!
Sponsored