I think I purchased too much Jeep?

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I’m shocked I wasn’t outbid... $5,000 for a 2020 Rubi Seems like a steal but I’ll take it... :) :) :)
Shit I will up it: $5500 and my first born Grandchild 30 years from now!
Sponsored

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
I do not even know how to start this thread.

So I recently purchased a 2020 Rubicon Recon. I think I needed a mall crawler! Based on my job, family life etc I doubt I will get off road much if at all.

So the recon is fully loaded, but I think it is too much Jeep. I think what I really want is a Diesel Sahara.

I know I will take a huge hit on the Rubicon if I trade it in.

What I want to do with the Sahara is to put on Rubicon take off wheels and a Rubicon hood, not lift just a different look. I will do a lot of over road and have had many diesels vehicles in the past.

So two questions

1 - How hard is it to do those modifications on a Sahara - Front and Rear steel bumpers (will parking sensors still work) and Rubicon hood? Are those mods possible
2 - Am I crazy to want to change Jeeps? I just think the Rubicon it too much and I will never use all of the features etc.

Thoughts?

How would I approach building a Sahara like that? Thanks in advance for the comments/help.
I am owner of a Sahara JL 2018. I like the car and even though we are more Mall Crowlers, I would prefer to have a more robust-look car like the Rubicon.
I think it does not make sense to make a change now. Keep the Rubi. At this point if you trade in or sell your Rubi you will loose money, that then you will need to add it to buy the hood, the lift, tha take out wheels, so you will end up paying much more and still missing gears and missing high fenders and you wont be more confortable than the Rubi. Stay with the Rubi

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Why do you want the diesel? If it's because of the torque and the way it drives wonderful. If it's to save money on gas it's not worth the trade because you can buy a lot of gas for the money you will lose trading it in.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Why do you want the diesel? If it's because of the torque and the way it drives wonderful. If it's to save money on gas it's not worth the trade because you can buy a lot of gas for the money you will lose trading it in.
Torque and drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I am owner of a Sahara JL 2018. I like the car and even though we are more Mall Crowlers, I would prefer to have a more robust-look car like the Rubicon.
I think it does not make sense to make a change now. Keep the Rubi. At this point if you trade in or sell your Rubi you will loose money, that then you will need to add it to buy the hood, the lift, tha take out wheels, so you will end up paying much more and still missing gears and missing high fenders and you wont be more confortable than the Rubi. Stay with the Rubi
No lift just hood and bumpers. Maybe bumpers

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
It's safe to say that majority of wrangler owners don't even rock crawl, let alone take it on a trail.

They bought the Rubicon cause of aesthetics, and they hold the highest resale value . #truth
Love the SAHARA hood decal!

Is that from pixeldecals?
yes

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
It's safe to say that majority of wrangler owners don't even rock crawl, let alone take it on a trail.
They bought the Rubicon cause of aesthetics, and they hold the highest resale value . #truth
I bought mine for the trails, though not necessarily rock crawling. Don't care for the red accents (with sarge green anyway). I bought for CAPABILITY. Resale be damned, I'll never give up my Jeep unless my son wants it in 10 years.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

So I recently purchased a 2020 Rubicon Recon. I think I needed a mall crawler! Based on my job, family life etc I doubt I will get off road much if at all.

So the recon is fully loaded, but I think it is too much Jeep. I think what I really want is a Diesel Sahara.

What I want to do with the Sahara is to put on Rubicon take off wheels and a Rubicon hood, not lift just a different look. I will do a lot of over road and have had many diesels vehicles in the past.

So two questions

1 - How hard is it to do those modifications on a Sahara - Front and Rear steel bumpers (will parking sensors still work) and Rubicon hood? Are those mods possible
2 - Am I crazy to want to change Jeeps? I just think the Rubicon it too much and I will never use all of the features etc.

Thoughts?

How would I approach building a Sahara like that? Thanks in advance for the comments/help.
Don’t do it dude. It’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it........;)

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

So two questions

Thoughts?

Keep the Rubi. Saharas are for the wife, the nanny, and the mistress.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads