Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Ah but it's got to be able to get enough serious off roaders to believe in it enough to set up a halo image of being a super capable rig. The other competitors who have tried to dip into the same sales pool that the Wrangler holds, failed at this. That is why this is not a very good look for them. They need that hard-core group that is going to hit all the big name trails, and be all over the internet, and social media, so that they can capture that market share. If it comes off as weak and not capable enough then it will fade away. It really has to be better than the Wrangler. After all, the Wrangler is the established segment leader. It has a massive following and support in the community and aftermarket. So don't be so quick to discount the value of off road ability. That has not proven to be an effective way to market in this segment.
I agree lol. I've agreed the whole time. I'm just saying there's a whole other market segment we seem to be discounting.
Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree lol. I've agreed the whole time. I'm just saying there's a whole other market segment we seem to be discounting.
I don't discount this segment however I do believe that this segment is in large part fed by the image of the same or similar rigs being worked in all of the off road terrains. People may not necessarily beat on their Jeeps in the same way that the minority do but they want to know they theirs is capable of the same abuse. When they came out with the 4 door and were able to market it as having the ability to take the family out without compromise, that was the defining moment.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Not discounting them. But I believe that the market is more driven by image. Look at all the idiots with angry grills and dubs on their Wranglers..... :crying:

But it's my opinion that those casual users are drawn to the Wrangler because of the halo group that do things that the casual owners won't. That's why it's key that the Bronco can actually perform. Not because necessity for those casual people. But that those casual owners are willing to put up with a lot to maintain their image.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Surely you'll be able to buy LKQ cheapies (that might require a little work to get to fit right...but that's part and parcel for body work anyway)?
Yes, when damaged, both vehicles will require same amount of work - front - swap out with used parts, hopefully in same color. Rear - pull/bondo/paint or cut/weld/paint.
It is a easier to damage bronco front end, but most will not be buying it for rockcraling

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it's been added here but Ford has listened and the Sasquatch (35") will now be available to order with the 7 speed manual. The press release was not clear, but I believe it's only with the 2.3L. Wish it was with the 2.3 & 2.7L but supposedly the 2.7L would require different gearbox/casting...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
At least Ford not only "listened", the acted on the requests.
Now Jeep has to do the same ; pay attention to the people who buy the product. Half doors, options that can be ordered for any trim level, more VALUE for the money.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least Ford not only "listened", the acted on the requests.
Now Jeep has to do the same ; pay attention to the people who buy the product. Half doors, options that can be ordered for any trim level, more VALUE for the money.
Half doors are very cool. I don’t get why they’re not released. Is it some safety issue or something?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Half doors are very cool. I don’t get why they’re not released. Is it some safety issue or something?
Who knows. That’s FCA for you.

Perhaps they are illegal in Italy so now no one gets them.

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
Who knows. That’s FCA for you.

Perhaps they are illegal in Italy so now no one gets them.
“Give us half doors!” translated to Italian means “Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries”

This whole thing has been a simple misunderstanding.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
“Give us half doors!” translated to Italian means “Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries”

This whole thing has been a simple misunderstanding.
And now that the French are involved, (Peugeot has merged with FCA to create Stellantis) they sit atop their castle and fart in our general direction.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And now that the French are involved, (Peugeot has merged with FCA to create Stellantis) they sit atop their castle and fart in our general direction.
Oh shit. I didn't know that happened. Are Peugeot's reliable? I know they made bicycles at one point...their tiny little cars are poopular in EU. I can't see the French and the Italians in the same board meeting getting along too well...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Oh shit. I didn't know that happened. Are Peugeot's reliable? I know they made bicycles at one point...their tiny little cars are poopular in EU. I can't see the French and the Italians in the same board meeting getting along too well...
Carlos Tavares took over as CEO of PSA 5-6 years ago. He made product quality and customer service top priorities: PSA has improved on the quality rankings, and has been growing sales and profits at a time when the industry overall is struggling.

After decades of losses and running out of ideas, a few years ago GM gave up and bowed out of the European market. Mr Tavares took over Opel/Vauxhall from GM: sales have stabilized and losses profits are reappearing.

He is perhaps the most capable executive in the automotive industry right now. And one of the few who truly deserves the millions he gets paid.

Hopefully some of this will rub off onto FCA.
Sponsored