WranglerAdvs

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Sahara, 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
24k miles, 23 trails, 16 Badge of Honor, 1 year old Jeep and not a worry in the world. Our Rock Crawler build will be a tube chassis buggy in the future.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, offroading is illegal in New York state and a 6 day work week doesn't leave me with enough time to jump over to Pennsylvania during my season. Fortunately, my dead season extends from mid autumn to the beginning of March. Work only demands a couple hours per week, so that affords me the time to travel to where it's legal to play.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, offroading is illegal in New York state and a 6 day work week doesn't leave me with enough time to jump over to Pennsylvania during my season. Fortunately, my dead season extends from mid autumn to the beginning of March. Work only demands a couple hours per week, so that affords me the time to travel to where it's legal to play.
Wow, sorry to hear about the state of affairs in land use in NY. At least you do have some places within reach when you get time.

I took my JL off-road in January of 2018, when it only had 700 miles on it and was one of the few JL's in the wild at that point. You always dread that first scratch or bump, but once it happens, the others come much easier! Lol! I take probably 2 major trips a year and a number of smaller weekend trips. This year, so far, we've been to Drummond Island, MI, and the Daniel Boone Backroads Byway. Next up is the Appalachian Byway in TN, NC, and VA, in early October. It did Moab and the Rimrocker (CO) in October of 2018. In 2019, the big trip was to TN/NC and a couple of forays into the Daniel Boone National Forest.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, sorry to hear about the state of affairs in land use in NY. At least you do have some places within reach when you get time.

I took my JL off-road in January of 2018, when it only had 700 miles on it and was one of the few JL's in the wild at that point. You always dread that first scratch or bump, but once it happens, the others come much easier! Lol! I take probably 2 major trips a year and a number of smaller weekend trips. This year, so far, we've been to Drummond Island, MI, and the Daniel Boone Backroads Byway. Next up is the Appalachian Byway in TN, NC, and VA, in early October. It did Moab and the Rimrocker (CO) in October of 2018. In 2019, the big trip was to TN/NC and a couple of forays into the Daniel Boone National Forest.
Damn, you've really covered some ground so far. NICE!!!

Only legal off road opportunity is a beach driving permit, which is the only thing available on long Island. There's a lot of open land upstate, but roughly 90% of NYS land is privately owned. It's either roll the dice and hope for the best, or join a local club that has established permission for respectful land use. And I believe it's for group use, not individual members just showing up unannounced.

I'm fortunate enough to have a position that pays full rate all year, which is insanely busy for about a third of the calender year, a blend of maintenance and forum trolling during another third, and only putting in a couple hours a week during the final third.

I'm planning to spend my first outing at Rausch Creek and AOAA in Pa early this fall. After the holidays, my wife and i are planning a road trip to visit her brother in Tennessee. Looks to be about a half dozen parks within 60-90 minutes of him. He says Windrock is less than 30 away.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Hahaha! I see you're in Knoxville. I can't remember the town name, but my brother in law lives just outside of that city. I envy you guys that live somewhere that has trail heads all around.
Windrock isn't far from Knoxville... HUNDREDS of miles of trails. Totally worth the road trip.

Null

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hahaha! I see you're in Knoxville. I can't remember the town name, but my brother in law lives just outside of that city. I envy you guys that live somewhere that has trail heads all around.
Awe man, I’m a UTK alumnus and I miss the Smokies. But now I have the Rockies so it evens out.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Windrock isn't far from Knoxville... HUNDREDS of miles of trails. Totally worth the road trip.
When my wife asked if I was interested in going with her to visit her brother, I said "only if we bring the Jeep".

wife - "ok, but you have to also spend time with the family"

me - "the days will be shorter in the winter, and I'm sure they'll kick me out at dark, so I'll be back early enough"

wife - " :facepalm: "

me - ":like:..... :bandit:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
When my wife asked if I was interested in going with her to visit her brother, I said "only if we bring the Jeep".

wife - "ok, but you have to also spend time with the family"

me - "the days will be shorter in the winter, and I'm sure they'll kick me out at dark, so I'll be back early enough"

wife - " :facepalm: "

me - ":like:..... :bandit:
My problem was solved by taking my brother (who lives in Knoxville) with me to the trails. let my wife hang out with my Sister-in-Law and no problems were heard from them. lol
Sponsored