Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Have my special order 19 two-door Rubicon in my favorite color Mojito. simple V6 auto, love it. If they do make a V8 four-door will have stretch to buy that also. I believe it will be a future collectible they won’t make that combo for many years. My non E torque simple V6 auto is already discontinued. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy a V8 Gladiator for use on my farm. I love my JLU MOAB, which was stickered at almost $58K. I had a 2018 GMC Sierra 2500 All Terrain with the Duramax, and that set me back $74K. I would pay $60/65k for a V8 Rubicon Gladiator, and then continue modding the MOAB.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Have my special order 19 two-door Rubicon in my favorite color Mojito. simple V6 auto, love it. If they do make a V8 four-door will have stretch to buy that also. I believe it will be a future collectible they won’t make that combo for many years. My non E torque simple V6 is already discontinued. LOL
Unless you get the 6 speed

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Re: Diesel: I think you're mistaken. Wrangler isn't a truck, it's an off road vehicle masquerading as a small/mid size consumer SUV in a market dominated by crossover SUVs. It's not going to tow more than a small trailer, nor should it- it doesn't have the weight/ wheel base. In order to keep control of larger trailers, you really should have a larger (at least half ton) pick up- and even if something has the power/ torque to tow, it doesn't make it a good idea. Diesel option is geared toward people looking for better/ more efficient fuel mileage/ power and low rpm torque off roading.

Re: 35's: I wouldn't be shocked to see it as a factory option on Rubicon, as it's going to be the only one with the gearing to move those in stock form. I have a buddy at work who is completely stock and is running 315/70/17R, as are many on this forum.

Re: engine choices: We don't know the price point for the potential V8 JL yet. We don't even have a production date. To be honest, I'm starting to think everyone forecasting a starting point north of $70K+ is way off base, especially if you look at other offerings in the Mopar line up, the up charge to the 6.4L, and consider what Hellcat models were priced at for launch. I haven't seen any solid price numbers for the hybrid yet, but they're the first actual mass produced 4x4 to go with a hybrid (to my knowledge), and so they're going to need to be priced competitively if they want it to succeed.

Re: Ford/ Bronco: They haven't even announced a potential Raptor trim in the Ranger yet, which Bronco shares DNA with- although I did just see something about a Ranger Tremor. Ford made a big deal about Bronco being it's own line of vehicles, and judging by the options packages, Bronco already has offerings that are better than Raptor ON PAPER. Besides, Raptor isn't even in the same class as Wrangler/ Bronco- Raptor is a go fast desert truck, Wrangler is a rock crawler. Bronco has options package offerings for both (One is Wildpeak, the other is Badlands, IIRC, and 35's come with the Sasquatch option, which will cost more on top of those). Plus, none of the engine choices for Bronco hit all the marks you describe.

Also worth considering and mentioned elsewhere in this thread: Look at the way Mopar is going. Think about it for more than 5 seconds: Hellcat Challenger, Hellcat Charger, Ram TRX, Rubicon, and Powerwagon. They're all out there in respective segments. Each one is a different enthusiast group. Each one has features that have set it above others in their respective segments. Rubicon especially has been the hallmark in factory off road capability since it rolled out in 2003, because that's what Jeep is known for; I don't care about the rest of them, or how other brands stack up with value on the street- for this, we are looking at performance off road. Nobody else is knocking on the door- every single one who tried, failed miserably. Bronco is the first real challenge, and the fact that Jeep dropped the 392 "concept" on the reveal date is telling. They're not taking the challenge lightly, nor are they good to just sit back and let Bronco try to beat them with all their "best in class" talk.

TL;DR: I really don't care if other people buy Bronco. Good for them. I like Broncos. I want to see it do well. That doesn't change the fact that It's still unproven in my eyes, and the eyes of many others. The fact that there is a legit challenge in the market now will drive competition. Which is how we got the 392 concept and how it will get to production. Which is what this thread is about- not Bronco.

Big picture, people.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Unless you get the 6 speed
Yes, and the manual is so popular lol. Understood which is why I specifically stated MY combo (automatic). But manual guys never resist a chance to say look at me.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I am in the same boat, wish Jeep had Ford EcoBoost engine (have both in my stable).
That 2.7 iron block has already huge aftermarket and tuning and very large gains with only tunes on them (can handle lots of boost ).

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
This Hemi Jeep is happening. I placed a deposit with Sergio Marchionne 5 years ago. It was non-refundable...so the factory Hemi Jeep is coming.

Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
TL;DR: I really don't care if other people buy Bronco. Good for them. I like Broncos. I want to see it do well. That doesn't change the fact that It's still unproven in my eyes, and the eyes of many others. The fact that there is a legit challenge in the market now will drive competition. Which is how we got the 392 concept and how it will get to production. Which is what this thread is about- not Bronco.

Big picture, people.
I think your final point here is what we all need to keep in mind. The competition that Bronco will bring is good for Jeep. It will push Jeep to fix some issues with quality and quantity of offerings. It will only give us a better Wrangler in the long run!

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
IMO the 2003-2004 Cobras were the original “Hellcat” before the actual Hellcat came out years later. Once my kiddos grow out of bikes and power wheels and what not that 3rd car garage will have one.
I think the original “Hellcat” came even before “Terminator”. Back in 2003-04 people were comparing the Cobra as a modern day 1986-87 Buick Grand National.

Also, why wait for the kids to outgrow the power wheels, strollers and toys...

A17005A3-7657-4ABF-BB9A-A8FE9F7A1015.png

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I think the original “Hellcat” came even before “Terminator”. Back in 2003-04 people were comparing the Cobra as a modern day 1986-87 Buick Grand National.

Also, why wait for the kids to outgrow the power wheels, strollers and toys...

Jeep Wrangler JL V8 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept drive review by MotorTrend A17005A3-7657-4ABF-BB9A-A8FE9F7A1015
I miss my 22k mile 87. Sadly some non observant motorist ran me off the road totaling it in 2000.
Sponsored