Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi there.
Been out of the wrangler community for a while, had a ‘98 TJ sport 4.0L, 5 speed chili pepper red I sold a few years back due to frame rot.

I just jumped back in and ordered a 2021 JLUR, 6 speed manual in Snazzberry.

my order was placed on 8/6/20,
build date is 9/23, so hopefully getting close!

Advertisement

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
Emily of Jeep chat just gave me the same party line I got last week, basically it's in shipping status, "ETA window showing as 09/18/2020 - 10/02/2020 for the delivery to the dealership."

But my dealer emailed me today, "Its on a rail car finally in Decatur Illinois!". So yeah these chat CSR's are mailing it in.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
Good-ish news from the dealer in Daytona Beach today! Rubi3 is officially a Floridian, but sitting in JAX, waiting to get a ride with a carrier for the 2-hour drive to Daytona. Unless Steve, the PDI guy, can pull any strings, our new toy is just going to sit there. UGH! So close, but so far away!

jwhite77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Wrangler

Sponsored

jwhite77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Wrangler
I can only assume several of us are on the same train to Missouri based on the replies here. Maybe a bold assumption. Please post if you hear any updates on the movement. JC is out of the loop come shipment time and I try not to bother Steve too often.
Waiting here too for the train to MO.

jwhite77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Wrangler
I can only assume several of us are on the same train to Missouri based on the replies here. Maybe a bold assumption. Please post if you hear any updates on the movement. JC is out of the loop come shipment time and I try not to bother Steve too often.
I wouldn't think its saving much money using rail going from Toledo to Chicago, StL, or KC. The hassle of having to load and unload must be very time consuming.

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Too bad Crypto can't access VLS database as well. That would give me reason again to check it constantly.

asni13

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Anyone run into Jeep Chat saying they can't give a status with just the VON? They said they need at least 8 digits of the VIN. I only got the last 6 digits from my dealer.

ScootScharf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD
I was just told that my Rubicon Diesel just shipped to my dealer with a delivery window of 9/10 - 9/24. My dealer is 100 miles from the factory so betting it will be very soon.

I figured this would happen. I am not back in town until the 26th. More waiting.

Sponsored

Kingz0489

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awaiting my JLURD
I was just told that my Rubicon Diesel just shipped to my dealer with a delivery window of 9/10 - 9/24. My dealer is 100 miles from the factory so betting it will be very soon.

I figured this would happen. I am not back in town until the 26th. More waiting.
What was you order date ?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Nerubi. I spoke to the owner of the company, left an email for the sales manager. I believe EVERYONE knows to put a SOLD sign on this vehicle when it does arrive. I'll only know for sure when I'm driving down the road in it...
Actually one of the well known dealers some forum members buy from sold a custom order right out from underneath him because they did not have very good procedures. You can understand how pissed he was. One of the many reasons I don't order vehicles from out of town dealers - they don't know who you are and don't give the personal care to avoid that problem.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't think its saving much money using rail going from Toledo to Chicago, StL, or KC. The hassle of having to load and unload must be very time consuming.
Based on their studies the price point for truck shipping is 250 miles from the factory. Seems right now they are having some train shortages (which may get worse as harvest approaches) and are trucking them a little further.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad Crypto can't access VLS database as well. That would give me reason again to check it constantly.
I think you can buy a subscription to it direct.

Advertisement

Advertisement