First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L 6-Speed
Occupation
Web Developer
That location only works for those with automatic transmission. That port is where my clutch pedal goes. There is another access point behind the glove box. There's a double walled rubber grommet located there. This is how I ran the wires to my ARB air compressor under my passenger seat.
Sponsored

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Posting as an FYI if this can help someone.

I need to run a wire from my ARB fridge in the back to the aux battery in my Genesis Dual Battery set up. See pics.

Inside the engine bay on the drivers side you will find a black cap on the fire wall. This just pops off with a pull with some pliers. When you go to the inside of the jeep, on the drivers side and look up into the corner to the left of the brake pedal you can clearly see the opening. Very easy.

Note that this is for an automatic jeep, I believe the manuals have a clutch pedal in this area.
Great information, a time and work saver. Thank you!!

Vanillacon

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Appreciate the post! Now I have a place to run antenna and amateur radio power cables through.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR

I need to run a wire from my ARB fridge in the back to the aux battery in my Genesis Dual Battery set up. See pics.

Inside the engine bay on the drivers side you will find a black cap on the fire wall. This just pops off with a pull with some pliers. When you go to the inside of the jeep, on the drivers side and look up into the corner to the left of the brake pedal you can clearly see the opening. Very easy.

Note that this is for an automatic jeep, I believe the manuals have a clutch pedal in this area.

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg
on
Has anyone with a manual transmission been able to locate this plug, because I have tried and cannot see it on my 6-spd JLUR. I am sure I am missing something, so any advice would be appreciated.

Vanillacon

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anyone with a manual transmission been able to locate this plug, because I have tried and cannot see it on my 6-spd JLUR. I am sure I am missing something, so any advice would be appreciated.
This is for automatic transmission models. The hole is where your hydraulic clutch cylinder is located. However, see in the thread, someone commented about how to punch through the foam on the passenger side with access close to the battery.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

mcdanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WU JL, 2011 Ford SD PS

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg
excellent pics!!..This is the way we should all do it...especially me!

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
That plug has tapered locking lugs on it, turn it counter-clockwise to remove and clockwise to re attach, no pliers needed.
It does indeed rotate.......not easy to reach and turn, but I did manage to do that. I drilled a hole in it for my aux brake's break-away switch for flat-towing the Jeep, fed the wire through the drilled hole, then sealed around the wire with silicone sealer after reinstalling the plug.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I would have gone with that too, had I not lost the stupid cover!

Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
thanks @sarum87 i've been starting a mental installation for a house battery in the boot and wasn't sure where i'd run charging cables. now i can start hunting down a few house battery charging ideas (avoiding will prowse - that dude seriously irritates me)

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
That plug has tapered locking lugs on it, turn it counter-clockwise to remove and clockwise to re attach, no pliers needed.
remove from inside or under the hood? under the hood is hard to get to and twist at same time

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
Remove from under the hood. Yes it’s tricky. Maybe use vice grips to grab it and rotate. Should not be too hard to turn it. Nothing really holding it tight.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L