New Rubicon Getting Trail Cam option!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have been waiting for someone to make a deployable drone that mounts to the top of your Jeep and you can send it out to do recon and return. Did you see blade runner II? Surprised this doesn't exist yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I have been waiting for someone to make a deplorable drone that mounts to the top of your Jeep and you can sent it out to do recon and return. Did you see blade runner II? Surprised this doesn't exist yet.
The technology is there, that would be awesome.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
This is nice, but having a 360 camera would be much better, especially for the Rubicon. Hopefully the 360 camera will be an available feature in the upcoming refresh. The Bronco will already have this option.

But this is a positive direction.

Sponsored

OutWill

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Just ordered a '21 JLURD with the off road camera. Afterwards I had the concern that an aftermarket bumper with bull/brush/stinger might block it. Anyone have experience with that?

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered a '21 JLURD with the off road camera. Afterwards I had the concern that an aftermarket bumper with bull/brush/stinger might block it. Anyone have experience with that?
It will most certainly block it. You have to keep that in mind when installing a new bumper and lights etc. It would be nice if someone comes up with a relocation kit with all the wiring and software updates.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is nice, but having a 360 camera would be much better, especially for the Rubicon. Hopefully the 360 camera will be an available feature in the upcoming refresh. The Bronco will already have this option.

But this is a positive direction.
This was one of the factory options in the fully loaded Juke that I traded in for my Jeep.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been waiting for someone to make a deployable drone that mounts to the top of your Jeep and you can send it out to do recon and return. Did you see blade runner II? Surprised this doesn't exist yet.
Or who remembers this 90’s gem?
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon Getting Trail Cam option! 279F07AE-9956-490B-BD1F-20BB1B1D9C0D
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rubicon Getting Trail Cam option! 06353CDB-3BFB-40ED-8E3F-A2972B49B69E

BumpDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
It will most certainly block it. You have to keep that in mind when installing a new bumper and lights etc. It would be nice if someone comes up with a relocation kit with all the wiring and software updates.
I ordered this option too and have the same concern. It would be great if someone out there with an aftermarket bumper and front camera could let us know. Maybe someone with a 2020 Gladiator? I doubt it would completely block it, because of the cats eye lens that throws a wide (and far) angle. I will be getting a bumper because of my desire to easily flat tow, and am leaning towards a Rock Hard Patriot Aluminum. The bull bar DOES look like it might be low enough to be out of the way for the most part when compared to other brands.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I know two guys who have retrofitted from the JT to the JL the trail cam. In both cases it was using the Mopar parts (camera, video processor, and retrofitted/thinned wire harness) and was a $1500 project for all the parts -- too rich for my blood. But it can be done, and has been done.
Got a link? Do you know if it has the super imposed track?

Honestly I rarely take my JLUR off road (just beach dunes on Long Island). Bought a Jeep more for the Topless/Doorless experience and a Rubicon with the Steel Bumper for the good looking tires plus a factory warranty. (insert Mall Crawler Memes here).

With that said, I would be interested in the trail cam for my personal non off road use. It will help me park in tight spaces on the street at Queens, Brooklyn and esp Manhattan. Anybody disagree?
Why need a camera to tell where the other car is in the city... just inch forward until you see the other car move.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Yup all the peaces are there....
Strap a lidar sensor to that thing along with the camera. Enter you vehicle specifics (lift, tire height, ground clearance, etc).

Drone sends back video and topography info where the video is used to predict topography conditions (slippery cape sandstone). With this info a path could be automatically calculated.

Self driving off-road vehicle. Damn, I wanna work on that project! I bet it’s something already being worked on at darpa.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Are you sure? The site says 4.10 is standard with the diesel.
the website build tool has issues/inconsistencies/bugs.

if you choose to believe it, i can't change your mind. I'm going by build sheets, and the build sheets say 3.73s.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Strap a lidar sensor to that thing along with the camera. Enter you vehicle specifics (lift, tire height, ground clearance, etc).

Drone sends back video and topography info where the video is used to predict topography conditions (slippery cape sandstone). With this info a path could be automatically calculated.

Self driving off-road vehicle. Damn, I wanna work on that project! I bet it’s something already being worked on at darpa.
Darpa is too advance for this.. buy the proper DJI stuff and your almost off an running.
Sponsored