Sponsored

doors off in rain - damage mitigation (2018 JL 2-Door)

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
Had to drive home about 35 miles in steady rain with no back window this weekend (soft top, I didn't want to roll it up in the cargo area, so I left it at home. Doors were on). On the highway, there was a decent amount of mist coming through the cabin, but wasn't horrible.

I guess I need to invest in a storage bag that allows me to safely store the back window...
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After my first rain "event", I pulled the carpets and laid them in the sun. Since they were out, I pressure washed them. Once they were dry.....I decided not to put them back in to see if I preferred it. And I did. I just have the all weather mats installed on the painted body tub.

Was especially nice after the winter to just hose out all the damn sand and accumulated crap.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Me also.. I have had my doors off, top down, trail doors on since April. Dreading the day I have to put them back on, but I know its coming soon like this weekend with the weather report barely touching 70 degrees.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Me also.. I have had my doors off, top down, trail doors on since April. Dreading the day I have to put them back on, but I know its coming soon like this weekend with the weather report barely touching 70 degrees.
Hey Eric, I hope all is well, so you let it rain in the Jeep all summer? I’m going to my cousins in Danbury tomorrow (Sunday). The wife may not go because we watch 6 hours of football. I’m on the fence about the tube doors because the weather app shows clouds all day. I have Sky One and can close the roof. But I’m afraid if it rains what will come in from the side. What’s your experience? Thanks pal

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Eric, I hope all is well, so you let it rain in the Jeep all summer? I’m going to my cousins in Danbury tomorrow (Sunday). The wife may not go because we watch 6 hours of football. I’m on the fence about the tube doors because the weather app shows clouds all day. I have Sky One and can close the roof. But I’m afraid if it rains what will come in from the side. What’s your experience? Thanks pal
Unless its a monsoon not an issue. The amount of rain coming in wont do any damage and you probably wont even get wet. I am able to mitigate this because if it looks like rain, I leave it in the garage and drive my other car (also a convertible). Now for the important stuff. If you came to Danbury please tell me you stopped at HooDoo Browns BBQ, these guys have the best BBQ on the East coast.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Unless its a monsoon not an issue. The amount of rain coming in wont do any damage and you probably wont even get wet. I am able to mitigate this because if it looks like rain, I leave it in the garage and drive my other car (also a convertible). Now for the important stuff. If you came to Danbury please tell me you stopped at HooDoo Browns BBQ, these guys have the best BBQ on the East coast.
Hahahaha yes buddy I’ve been there. Just not this past weekend.
There’s a BBQ place called something like “Cue”. That’s real good also.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hahahaha yes buddy I’ve been there. Just not this past weekend.
There’s a BBQ place called something like “Cue”. That’s real good also.
Yes the Q is good also .. but can't touch HooDoo's... Next time your up this way let me know and we'll grab a beer at the brewery. The allow tailgating in the parking lot..

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the Q is good also .. but can't touch HooDoo's... Next time your up this way let me know and we'll grab a beer at the brewery. The allow tailgating in the parking lot..
Ok pal.
Sponsored