jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Z auto has one for around 199.00 Plug and Play as long as you have an 8.4"
This one is standard def / composite video. Might be okay for some, but it's certainly not the same quality as the OEM backup camera is. If you retrofit the factory trail cam and video switch box it'll be the same quality as the very clear backup camera.

Why bother screwing around with that p. o. s. 8.4“ screen and low res video. The main screen is essential to keep an eye on the virtual dials (coolant temp, transmission temp, etc.) anyway... install as many cameras as you like and hook them up to a separate screen. You can even get them to record.
The factory trail cam is high def like the backup cam. Honestly to me sounds very useful when poking my way through a challenging trail and need to see what I consider a blind spot for tough obstacles.

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask on... but I ordered a 2021 Willys just about three weeks ago. Dealer didn't mention trail cam as an option at the time, but I also went in with a pretty good idea of what I wanted right out of the gate. So, I've talked to FCA on customer service chat twice this week & both times they tell me "all the parts are in & your new vehicle should be in the building process soon" or something like that.. When asked, neither rep could tell me if it was in D or D1 status, or if it had moved on, nor could they advise on whether or not it was too late to make changes. I do have a VIN, if that helps....

My question is if it's likely too late to add the Trail Cam, & if not.. would I have to upgrade to the 8.4" radio to get it? I'm new to the Jeep world & I've learned a TON... but I can't seem to figure this one out.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
@rubileon whats wrong with the 8.4” screen? Is it now worth getting it as I’m trying to build my next Jeep. I just really want to pick the package that has the best speakers.
There are after market units that are far superior than the 8.4 and they work.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@rubileon whats wrong with the 8.4” screen? Is it now worth getting it as I’m trying to build my next Jeep. I just really want to pick the package that has the best speakers.
@RoxyBoxer You asked a loaded question, :CWL:. I have the 8.4 screen and I am more than happy with it, it provides me with everything that I need. I think that FCA have doe a great job with Car Play integration and entertainment (I am comparing to recent Infiniti, Nissan and MercedesBenz), but that is just my opinion.

The problem on here is that its a forum and people on here love to express their opinions.

I would suggest that you go to your dealership and take a look at different models and see what works for you.

Also, you will find plenty on here that will tell you to upgrade the speakers, as the stock upgraded speakers are garbage, again, go test it out :)

RoxyBoxer

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
There are after market units that are far superior than the 8.4 and they work.
Yeah I’m sure there is better, but I don’t want to have to upgrade everything. As long as it sounds good and I don’t have to have the speakers to the max volume to hear it when my top is open and doors off.

deputyonce

First Name
Loy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Altitude
Occupation
Medical
I’m only interested if the Uconnect offers the coconut shell edition surrounds.

Sponsored

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)