Sponsored

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Yes I verified as soon as I got it home. Play is similar to the AE box they had previously put on it after the second software update. Completely stock except for metal cloak lower control arms set at 8degrees caster.
Does it seem tighter on the highway and does it drift less around town? I just had mine done and I found that there is still some play, as there should be for an off-road vehicle, but it’s tight on the highway at all speeds and it no longer drifts in the lane at any speed.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Is this the part number they put on the paperwork too?
There is no part number on the paperwork the gave me. What they did give me still says they can't due the work due to an "aftermarket" lift. Which is a Mopar lift. I asked them for the paperwork on the steering and was told it "wasn't ready and would be emailed to me".

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
There is no part number on the paperwork the gave me. What they did give me still says they can't due the work due to an "aftermarket" lift. Which is a Mopar lift. I asked them for the paperwork on the steering and was told it "wasn't ready and would be emailed to me".
Contact JeepCares.

tell them that Mopar is, apparently, selling “aftermarket” lifts.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Contact JeepCares.

tell them that Mopar is, apparently, selling “aftermarket” lifts.
Already done all that. JeepCares has been involved since before I even took it in. My dealership is so bad, I knew there would be problems. Never knew they were capable of this level of moronity.

And if I’m totally honest, part of me thinks they did it on purpose since the area manager of the dealership had to get involved.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine back today. It feels a little tighter, especially at 70mph. At city driving speeds, I don't really feel a difference. As I had said before, mine wasn't that bad to begin with. But I'm glad to have the improvement. Mission accomplished.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Got mine back today. It feels a little tighter, especially at 70mph. At city driving speeds, I don't really feel a difference. As I had said before, mine wasn't that bad to begin with. But I'm glad to have the improvement. Mission accomplished.
And did you verify that it is the correct (black) box? Visual inspections seem to unfortunately be needed since 3 members are reporting the ordering or installation (or both) of the old aluminum AE box.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
And did you verify that it is the correct (black) box? Visual inspections seem to unfortunately be needed since 3 members are reporting the ordering or installation (or both) of the old aluminum AE box.
Not yet, but they showed me the part and part number before the install and it was correct. I'll go out and make sure. Plus, I doubt it would feel better/tighter the way it does if another aluminum unit went back on there.

Vondy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does it seem tighter on the highway and does it drift less around town? I just had mine done and I found that there is still some play, as there should be for an off-road vehicle, but it’s tight on the highway at all speeds and it no longer drifts in the lane at any speed.
Doesnt really drift but the amount of steering to correct is what annoys me.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Doesnt really drift but the amount of steering to correct is what annoys me.
It sure does sound like you have something else going on down there. Sorry to hear it didn’t improve

Sponsored

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") E2390DA3-B401-499B-B7DF-5C078DD4D6E9

Is this it? I can’t find a sticker with the part number.
That looks right. The new ones are black - the aluminum ones were silver

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Would be interesting to know if the new 2021 JLU Rubicons are being built with this new black box now.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Would be interesting to know if the new 2021 JLU Rubicons are being built with this new black box now.
It is believed that they cut over to the new box with the start of the '21 production. Only FCA knows for sure.

Later,
Johnny

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I just contacted my dealorship service center with the problem. I feel like my jeep wanders and I'm herding it down the road, especially on hot days. I have to bring it in next Thursday. I'm bringing a copy of the TSB with me. Wish me luck. ;)
Sponsored