AgentWolf

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Rairdon’s Jeep of Kirkland are idiots; I’m not surprised that this happened to you. Smart to get JeepCares involved with them otherwise I guarantee that they wouldn’t do anything for you. I blacklisted them almost 2 years ago at this point due to their service department.
Who’s the best in the area? Sadly does not seem like a ton of options.
Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Who’s the best in the area? Sadly does not seem like a ton of options.
Good question, I’m not sure. I’ve been taking mine to Autonation in Bellevue due to location. They’re OK enough, but have their own issues and I wouldn’t say that I’m thrilled with them. For the steering box TSB they are claiming that they can only order 1 steering box every 2 weeks.

CJDR dealerships really need to step up their game if they expect anyone to pay $100k for a Grand Wagoneer IMO.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I got a survey from Jeep yesterday...I made sure to mention the wandering steering and the TSB. Mentioned how they need more parts made in USA and not China. I hope we are getting through.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Good question, I’m not sure. I’ve been taking mine to Autonation in Bellevue due to location. They’re OK enough, but have their own issues and I wouldn’t say that I’m thrilled with them. For the steering box TSB they are claiming that they can only order 1 steering box every 2 weeks.

CJDR dealerships really need to step up their game if they expect anyone to pay $100k for a Grand Wagoneer IMO.
That is correct. All dealerships can only order 1 revised gearbox every 2 weeks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgentWolf

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They just installed the new steering box. It is much tighter! Except the steering wheel is sideways now, like 4o clock to go straight. Turned right around and checked it back in

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
They just installed the new steering box. It is much tighter! Except the steering wheel is sideways now, like 4o clock to go straight. Turned right around and checked it back in
At some point, FCA just needs to fire incompetent dealers ..........

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
And that now makes 2 Separate cases.

one old box installed In one customer’s jeep (@AgentWolf)
one old box ordered but not installed (thanks to the people on this board) @Justhiller
And now it’s at least 3.

@DHW has just experienced the same thing.

so, on these boards maybe, IDK, 50 folks have had their boxes replaced. And, of those at least 3 Have had the wrong ones either installed or ordered (or both).

way to go FCA! Your training and accountability standards for your dealers are really shining through.

Reactions: DHW

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My dealership just did the same thing. -AE steering gear box and my Jeep is at 35800 miles. If I take it for the weekend, it will be out of warranty. Those sly bastards.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
My dealership just did the same thing. -AE steering gear box and my Jeep is at 35800 miles. If I take it for the weekend, it will be out of warranty. Those sly bastards.
If you initiated the repair before the warranty expired, which you did, you should be fine. The screw up was on the dealership.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
And now it’s at least 3.

@DHW has just experienced the same thing.

so, on these boards maybe, IDK, 50 folks have had their boxes replaced. And, of those at least 3 Have had the wrong ones either installed or ordered (or both).

way to go FCA! Your training and accountability standards for your dealers are really shining through.
And now it’s at least 4

@mwilk012

OP
OP
AgentWolf

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Jeep cares case manager called after my repair was done, I informed him about everything that happened. He said he has had more complaints in the last two months then he can ever remember. He then informed me Rairdon’s “does their own thing” and advised me of a better dealer to go to in the area.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
And now it’s at least 5 old aluminum boxes ordered/installed

@Country JLU is the latest report.
And it keeps getting worse.

these boards report At least 5 boxes incorrectly ordered/installed and there are at least 2 JT owners fuming because their dealer installed a new Box, just not the one for the JT but rather for either the JLU or the JL.

that move us up to 7.
Sponsored