3.0 diesel order tracking thread

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
Thanks. Idaho is quite a long way for me (I’m in Texas), but I’d be willing to do some traveling to get a decent deal. Local dealer has a new black Sahara with Mopar lift, 35s on 20” wheels for $66.7k. And they aren’t coming off that price at all they say.

here’s a pic:

096F3BA3-8609-45DF-B0B9-7F322D727B90.jpeg
I'm making the drive to Criswell in Maryland for 7% under invoice. The dealerships in DFW I visited wouldn't come off MSRP and had no real interest in talking to me about ordering one to my specs.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Thanks. Idaho is quite a long way for me (I’m in Texas), but I’d be willing to do some traveling to get a decent deal. Local dealer has a new black Sahara with Mopar lift, 35s on 20” wheels for $66.7k. And they aren’t coming off that price at all they say.

here’s a pic:

Robbie/Renee,
Even if this is your first Jeep, I'm sure that you've seen/heard that modifying them yourself is half the fun. Even if you are not a DIYer (although half the mods are fairly easy), you'll enjoy researching, planning, and installing your mods. Bottom line: don't even think about buying a pre-modified Jeep. There is TONS of support on this forum for any mod you can imagine. And..it'll be (way) cheaper than a pre-modified JL even if you farm out all of the labor to a pro.

Welcome to the forum, and the Jeeping world.

Last edited:

StealthJLUR

First Name
Gannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

here’s a pic:

If it were a rubicon, maybe. Don’t do it for a Sahara on 20” rims. Good looking Jeep, but like rick said, you will be able to build your own for cheaper, and get exactly what you want. That jeep looks like they maybe put $3000 total into lift, tires, rims, and cheap side steps. I’m trying to figure out where they came up with the other $10-15,000 that justifies this price.

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
If it were a rubicon, maybe. Don’t do it for a Sahara on 20” rims. Good looking Jeep, but like rick said, you will be able to build your own for cheaper, and get exactly what you want. That jeep looks like they maybe put $3000 total into lift, tires, rims, and cheap side steps. I’m trying to figure out where they came up with the other $10-15,000 that justifies this price.
Sticker was like 56.8k on this model before mods. I remember that

Sponsored

StealthJLUR

First Name
Gannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Dealer sent me an update today that my Jeep has officially entered the build process, with “F” status for paint. Hopefully it’s done within the week and shipped!
And it’s in shipping now! From Monday to now it went from scheduled to shipping.

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
2021 diesel Willys
Order date 8/19/2020

Today I got an email from VIN tracking saying my build sheet is found! I emailed my dealer ship and there saying "Great news. It just got on a railcart this morning. So you’re looking at about 2 weeks time remaining. "

Wow i don't want to get my hopes up but this is going really fast!

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
2021 diesel Willys
Order date 8/19/2020

Today I got an email from VIN tracking saying my build sheet is found! I emailed my dealer ship and there saying "Great news. It just got on a railcart this morning. So you’re looking at about 2 weeks time remaining. "

Wow i don't want to get my hopes up but this is going really fast!
What was the scheduled ship date?

Sponsored

StealthJLUR

First Name
Gannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Haven't told me anything of that! That's why I'm like this can't be right! This is going to fast.
I got Confirmation from Jeep chat that my Jeep has shipped, ordered 8/12/20 and has an estimated arrival at the dealer “9/28-10/12”

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
My diesel has been sitting in the SLC rail transfer yard waiting for a ride to Idaho since Monday (ordered 7/7). SO CLOSE! Were really hoping to pick it up this weekend but no chance now.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My diesel has been sitting in the SLC rail transfer yard waiting for a ride to Idaho since Monday (ordered 7/7). SO CLOSE! Were really hoping to pick it up this weekend but no chance now.
I just noticed for the first time that you are a repeat EcoDiesel buyer. I take that as a good sign. :)

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
I'm making the drive to Criswell in Maryland for 7% under invoice. The dealerships in DFW I visited wouldn't come off MSRP and had no real interest in talking to me about ordering one to my specs.
I got 7% below invoice at Nyle Maxwell in Austin. Closer than Maryland.
Sponsored