EZTrunk looks interesting

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
I work for EZTRUNK and we are starting to ship our trunks to customers who put a deposit at the Smoky MT Jeep Invasion. There is no drilling, the trunk ties into existing hardware in jeep bed. If you have electric locks you do need to disable the trunk lock. The trunk secures when you close your door and we guarantee up to a $1000 with a police report no one will spend the time to break in. The regular size trunk in a JLU & JKU leaves you about a foot of space between the trunk and back seats. We have JKUs in stock with JLU, JL, Jk, TJ, & LJ on there way to our warehouse. They will be in stock in about 4-6 weeks. The price is $399.00 that includes shipping and handling. I hope I answered all your questions.
Sponsored

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
The site you are looking is our new site we are still in development stages. Please go to EZTRUNK.com for information.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I work for EZTRUNK and we are starting to ship our trunks to customers who put a deposit at the Smoky MT Jeep Invasion. There is no drilling, the trunk ties into existing hardware in jeep bed. If you have electric locks you do need to disable the trunk lock. The trunk secures when you close your door and we guarantee up to a $1000 with a police report no one will spend the time to break in. The regular size trunk in a JLU & JKU leaves you about a foot of space between the trunk and back seats. We have JKUs in stock with JLU, JL, Jk, TJ, & LJ on there way to our warehouse. They will be in stock in about 4-6 weeks. The price is $399.00 that includes shipping and handling. I hope I answered all your questions.
Can you give more detail on why the rear lock needs to be disabled?

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
All statics show a thief will not take the time to break into the trunk unless he saw you put something in it. They will not take the chance to spend that much time and break into something unless they know they can do it within minutes, and there is something in it worth going after. Studies show out of sight out of mind. The smash and grab concept is what they can see. With that said, there are some dumb and aggressive thieves. We have designed an accessory to this trunk with an access door inside Jeep so you can put items in the trunk without being seen.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Some 2020 JLs, and most if not all 2021 JLs, no longer have the key hole on the rear swing gate. So if you disable the electric locks you’ll be out of luck.

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
The logo was photo retouched so you would remember the product. The Logo is actually 4" w X 1.3". See image. Also the $99 is for the EZWINDOW. We sold a ton of EZWINDOW at the Smoky MT Jeep Invasion. There isn't a buying option for EZTRUNK on our website because we took so many pre-orders at Jeep Invasion we are out of stock with orders already taken. We are waiting for next shipment to arrive to post a buying link on website EZTRUNK.COM. Again the other site you are looking at is our new site and that is a staging site for our developer to build and test.

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@RMS114300
I Still don't understand why you need to disable the electric lock. What am I missing here... you flip your trunk up and then you lock the rear gate whether with a key in the key hole or with an electric key fob.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
@RMS114300
I Still don't understand why you need to disable the electric lock. What am I missing here... you flip your trunk up and then you lock the rear gate whether with a key in the key hole or with an electric key fob.
If someone breaks in can they hit the unlock button to unlock all doors without the key being present? If so that would give them access to the trunk. I need to test that....

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If someone breaks in can they hit the unlock button to unlock all doors without the key being present? If so that would give them access to the trunk. I need to test that....
Ahhhh.... I see. I'd be more interested in this for when I'm doorless and topless so that wouldn't be an issue.
Ooooh that is a bit of a pickle because like you pointed out they are moving away from key'd rear gates.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not in my 2019. Electronics are all dead without a FOB nearby whether it's the locks, windows or homelink. I'm confused on why the lock would need to be disabled since the EZtrunk doesn't tie into anything.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not in my 2019. Electronics are all dead without a FOB nearby whether it's the locks, windows or homelink. I'm confused on why the lock would need to be disabled since the EZtrunk doesn't tie into anything.
That's not the case in my wife's '18. I threw the FOB in the house and was able to lock and unlock the doors with the push of the button on the door.
Sponsored