'19 JLU Altitude
Dealer Name: CJD City of McKinney
City, State: McKinney Texas
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 27Aug
---- Other issues reported
Date Completed: TBD - told two week lead time
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No, factory set-up
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): The dealer was the one who informed me of the TSB. (kudos for that)
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague?
Acknowledging the TSB - 10

Last edited:

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
:CWL:
Please dont come to NJ , we’re full.:LOL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
It’s ok. I wasn’t planning on coming any ways. Don’t want my Jeep smelling like New Jersey: the armpit of America :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Dealer Name: Airpark Dodge Chrysler Jeep
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ
Date Taken In: 8/29/2020
Date Completed: Not Completed - Parts ordered (2-4 weeks)
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 2

Dealer wanted to inspect the Jeep prior to ordering parts for the TSB. I'm not the biggest fan of this dealership, but go because of a documented history on my Jeep's steering.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Dealer Name: Fitzpatrick's Jeep
City, State: Ansonia, CT
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/8/20
Date Completed: 9/9/20
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No, knew exactly what I was talking about, just needed to order the parts as they do not stock them. Part was there the next morning.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Mall of Georgia CDJR
City, State: Buford, GA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/26/20
Date Completed: 9/10/20
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, 2” lift and 37” tire.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 9

Make sure you show them the TSB and verify the part number that is ordered is appropriate for your model.

BOLACKEY

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score
I am having the parts installed under the TSB as I type. I will update the post after installation; however, these are my initial answers:

Mac Haik Jeep/Dodge
Temple, TX
8/28 for Mopar lift install and request for service per the TSB.
In work.
Purchased Jeep from Piedmont Jeep in Anderson, SC.
Mopar lift, 35" BFG KO2 All Terrains.
No dispute for TSB; dealer immediately ordered parts and notified me upon their receipt.
To date, I have been very pleased with this service department, and would not hesitate to recommend them to others. A tentative score of 8, pending completion of TSB and post-install driving impressions.

UPDATE: I just picked up my Jeep from Mac Haik Jeep/Dodge in Temple, TX; the service was timely, friendly, and professional. Based on this, and prior, experiences with this dealership, I would not hesitate to recommend them. The Jeep drives better, with an almost complete lack of a wandering feeling. Steering feels more responsive as well. I will up my score to a 9 based on my personal experiences with this dealer. I hope this information is valuable to others.

Last edited:

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Odaniel Jeep
City, State: Fort Wayne, IN
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Talked to on phone. Said I was 3rd in line. Couldn't order parts for a while. No push back on aftermarket mods.
Date Completed: Late August
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes. Lots!
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No. However, I also didnt give them the opportunity to dispute. I got Jeep Cares and FCA involved immediately after TSB release. FCA called me and overnighted the parts (rather than waiting months via dealer) as well as emailed my dealers service manager. I had an appointment in no time and the steering box was installed.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 8. Not 10 because they left my steering wheel out of alignment (1 o'clock position to go straight) and had to screw around fixing that myself.

Last edited:

LabNJeep

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLR, BMW X5
Dealer Name: Brown's Sterling Jeep
City, State: Sterling, VA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/9/20
Date Completed: TBD - Parts ordered.
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No: Yes - Synergy Trackbar Sector Brace
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No: No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score: 9 Right now - will go to a 10 when completed.

Note, I will say that my steering was never AWFUL but bad enough that I invested and put the Synergy trackbar sector brace on which really did help a lot but still find the steering a little off. Dealer picked up my car at my house, did other items that needed be done and put me on the list for parts. Not sure if it's true but understand Chrysler is limiting the number of parts per dealer right now.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Dealer Name: Outten Jeep
City, State: Hamburg, PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/1
Date Completed: 9/1
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes, they said it is the tires (stock) not the steering.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 3

I have a claim in with JeepWave and @JeepCares is helping out. I was told that I need go go get a second opinion. Going to another dealership tomorrow to see what they say.....
Update from second dealer:

Dealer Name: Savage 61 Jeep
City, State: Reading, PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/9
Date Completed: TBD
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Nope, just checked the steering wheel and ordered the parts.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 9

Excellent customer service! I hope this level of service stays the same. I will update (on another thread) about the outcome of the steering box replacement.

Sponsored

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for organizing.

Dealer Name: Hanlees Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge
City, State: Napa, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/4
Date Completed: n/a
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes. 3.5" Metalcloak lift and 35" tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes. Did not do a test drive. Denied due to my modifications. I'm in touch with Jeep Cares trying to get it covered.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 3. This dealership is very run down. very hard to get someone to answer the phone.

MikeS_in_PA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Dealer Name: Lansdale Jeep
City, State: Lansdale, PA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Sept 2 2020
Date Completed: Sept 2 2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No Yes Dynatrack 2.5 and 35s
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10

Azad

First Name
Azad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Dealer Name: Ferman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of New Port Richey
City, State: New Port Richey , FL
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): August 27 they said they are only allowed or order 4 sets or parts per month and mine are schedule to arrive September 16
Date Completed: TBD will update once work is complete
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, Fox Lift kit with 35 inch wheels and Fox Steering Stabilizer
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No questions asked
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? TBD after work is complete

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Dealer Name: Prime CDJR
City, State: Saco, Maine
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): N/A Advised dealer of TSB via phone and they ordered parts. Appointment was made for 9/5 for repair.
Date Completed: 9/10
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 10

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Dealer Name: McKay’s CJD
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Yes
Date Completed: 9/10/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No, just rubicon suspension and tires on Sport S
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score: 2

Took it in for a test drive and for them to look at everything. They ordered the parts and did the work two weeks later. I thought it was a good experience over all until I got home to check. Oil everywhere... doesn’t even look like they tried to wipe anything up.

C4001370-A9E1-4E41-B5AD-FB8EC54A03A2.jpeg

2EE58AF3-AA03-4A85-8ADB-23849F9879B5.jpeg

F536408E-1F6E-40E5-8AB8-517AC0F01BE0.jpeg
Sponsored