Sponsored

Msilvs777

First Name
Silver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
For anyone in Az, Chapman Jeep in Scottsdale is very service forward. Made an appt, brief chat when I arrived describing the issue and we were off for a quick test drive. Made it about a mile and they confirmed the issue. Because of lift and tires they did have a tech confirm my aftermarket parts were ok and not the cause. Met the service manager Mike during this time and he actually explained all the parts that are misdesigned and what new parts they will order. Parts are two weeks out but scheduled for a rental at that time while they do the work and could not be a better team to work with! No BS and sincere staff focused on making my Jeep right and safe.
Sponsored

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As part of the TSB, when they do the reflash does that erase what would have been done when the updated the computer for my 35ā€ tires.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the TSB completed. Happy to report that it is significantly tighter! Woohoo

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
As part of the TSB, when they do the reflash does that erase what would have been done when the updated the computer for my 35ā€ tires.
At least for me, it is not. I tested it against my GPS after TSB, it is still right on at 70 mph.

I don't have a Tazer though, only used JScan. I think they flashed a different part of the BCM software, so it shouldn't affect it. Not sure about Tazer if Tazer used a different approach.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Ask then to recheck and reset the tire size in the program .
Yes, they will charge you most likely but unless you have..or desire to buy a tazer it will be less than the wasted time making a separate appointment to fix it

if you have a tazer, unmarry it prior to the TSB and re marry it after to go back to your custom settings

Sponsored

Justhiller

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU ā€˜19
@JeepCares

ā€œThe reason why that part number was ordered, is per FCA the revised TSB has a part# that is non-existent. Catalog errorā€

Dealer Hill-Kelly in Pensacola was unaware of the TSB. They gave me that reasoning for ordering the old gearbox instead of the new one in the TSB.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No, it does not. That is a different line of code. They have no reason to change that.

Vanillacon

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been watching this thread since last week when I learned about this TSB on FB. I contacted my local dealer and set up an appointment and requested they order the part to have on hand (which luckily they acted on). I had an appointment yesterday for what I thought was to diagnose. However, the service adviser wanted to keep it. He called today and said come and get it. He mentioned that my Jeep was the last gear box they ordered prior to the 1 gear box per 14 day rule was implemented. Happy to have got the TSB done. By the way, no mention or concern with my Metalcloak lift.

The technician noted that he verified customer concern. I noticed it coming back from Moab in July (part of that trip was hot out!). The dead center wander was definitely present.

The steering is much tighter now. It does have the heavy feel that others describe. I haven't had the opportunity to have it out on the freeway yet. I did note that the input shaft moves very little now (compared to the OEM box). My Jeep had 17,800 miles when this was done.

I appreciate all the contributions to this thread. Good luck to others who are working on this TSB!

20200909_164706.jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
ā€œThe reason why that part number was ordered, is per FCA the revised TSB has a part# that is non-existent. Catalog errorā€

Dealer Hill-Kelly in Pensacola was unaware of the TSB. They gave me that reasoning for ordering the old gearbox instead of the new one in the TSB.
Apparently, all the other dealers who are ordering the new box must be doing it with magic and dancing rabbits.

is there another dealer around you who might engender more confidence?

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Your dealer also canā€™t type.

post #932 on tis thread shows a picture of the box with the part number on it. Shockingly, it matches the TSB.
you really need to find a different dealer.

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I am seriously contemplating on doing this repair myself.
My dealer have my parts, but they dont have the tool to remove pitman arm.
And from looks of it, most dealer just hammer the pitman arm until it comes off

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Just back from the dealer after the TSB fix, what a difference! There is no more slop, no wandering, and the wheel is now incredibly responsive to input. The steering feels now more like my 2017 Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored