Sponsored

2.0T eTorque is going to be used by Maserati

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The 2.0 is no longer going to be thought of as the stepchild engine. Lol. The 2.0T is going highbrow. Maserati and the Wrangler are going to be half brothers or sisters. The 2.0T must be reliable enough for high performance use. Maserati is replacing it's Ferrari made V8s engines. Some with turbo V6s. Some with the the mild hybrid 2.0T eTorque engine the Wrangler and Cherokee uses. Probably with some work from Maserati. Alfa Romeo has been using the GME for a while already.

Honestly, my 2.0 drives MUCH better now after about 12K miles then it did when new. It's probably due to learning my driving habits? Maybe higher quality gas? Im not sure. I am sure it is feels smoother, has better throttle response, better power delivery. Less noticeable lag, hardly any now. Not a single issue. I am loving it. Now where do I find a Maserati logo to tape to the side of my JLR? Lol.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/34395...ocharged-four-and-six-cylinder-engines-report
Sponsored

Last edited:

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
The 2.0 is no longer going to be thought of as the stepchild engine. Lol. The 2.0T is going highbrow. Maserati and the Wrangler are going to be half brothers or sisters. The 2.0T must be reliable enough for high performance use. Maserati is replacing it's Ferrari made V8s engines. Some with turbo V6s. Some with the same engine the 2.0T eTorque the Wrangler and Cherokee uses. Probably with some work from Maserati. Alfa Romeo has been using the GME for a while already.

Honestly, my 2.0 drives MUCH better now after about 12K miles then it did when new. It's probably due to learning my driving habits? Maybe higher quality gas? Im not sure. I am sure it is feels smoother, has better throttle response, better power delivery. Less noticeable lag, hardly any now. Not a single issue. I am loving it.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/34395...ocharged-four-and-six-cylinder-engines-report
I'm slapping a Maserati badge on my Sahara 2.0 with etorque!

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Interesting...I know I love the e-Torque in my 2020 Recon. It's a really great drivetrain.

Looking forward to doing some tuning work on it down the road...I know Jeep left a few ponys/torque on the table.

-Steven

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Maserati has never been synonym with reliability. They are normally bought as a 3rd, 4th or 5th vehicle because they are sexy, fun to drive and sound great. Much like a hot young mistress.

As good as the motor is, if I were looking to drop $100,000 on a new Maserati, I doubt knowing that it has a Wrangler 4-cyl turbo would be a selling point.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Maserati has never been synonym with reliability. They are normally bought as a 3rd, 4th or 5th vehicle because they are sexy, fun to drive and sound great.

Much like a hot young mistress.
Very Italian!!! ;)

-Steven

Sponsored

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati has never been synonym with reliability. They are normally bought as a 3rd, 4th or 5th vehicle because they are sexy, fun to drive and sound great. Much like a hot young mistress.

As good as the motor is, if I were looking to drop $100,000 on a new Maserati, I doubt knowing that it has a Wrangler 4-cyl turbo would be a selling point.
It's global. Slap on a fancy red crinkle painted engine cover with a Maserati emblem and all is good. lol. Plenty of Porsche sold with VW parts. Lotus sells cars with a Camry engine. Jaguar uses some Ford parts. Etc. But , I agree, the less the potential Maserati owner knows the better. It's a tough sell to go from telling a potential buyer "the engine is made by Ferrari" to "the engine is also used in the Wrangler". lol.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting...I know I love the e-Torque in my 2020 Recon. It's a really great drivetrain.

Looking forward to doing some tuning work on it down the road...I know Jeep left a few ponys/torque on the table.

-Steven
I saw a few dyne charts that say the power is actually understated from the factory. Stock engines. Not sure how consistent the pulls were and what ambient temp and gas was though.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I love my ‘20 2.0T eTorque!!!!! The second 10k improved from the first 10k. Fuel economy is improving as well.

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Next up, a press release from Stellantis announcing global engine sharing as a means of cutting ICE development costs for their newly formed company...

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I saw a few dyne charts that say the power is actually understated from the factory. Stock engines. Not sure how consistent the pulls were and what ambient temp and gas was though.
I've seen the same. I was impressed enough to buy one.

This drivetrain changes the whole character of the Wrangler.

-Steven

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen the same. I was impressed enough to buy one.

This drivetrain changes the whole character of the Wrangler.

-Steven
The 3.6 and 2.0 are both fine engines. Both drive very different though. Different driving charateristics. The 2.0s extra torque helps hide the weight of the JL better. It gets it moving easier, acceleration feels like it takes less effort. Very noticeable while getting up to speed, making lane changes or when merging into traffic. Even on streets. Overall I think it's sportier, more fun to drive.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It gets it moving easier, acceleration feels like it takes less effort. Very noticeable while getting up to speed, making lane changes or when merging into traffic. Even on streets. Overall I think it's sportier, more fun to drive.
Lol you pretty much just defined my 2 door V6. I guess the little 2.0T and the old V6 are not that different after all in the JL.
Sponsored