Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Huh? Raised the hood? Unless you live in the desert, the Jeep is designed to accommodate the heat that comes from the engine. I don't get this one at all...sorry. To each his own.
I live in SoCal and wheel hot dry dusty deserts and mountains. I like the A/C on and windows up when wheeling hot and or dusty conditions. This seems to put a heavy tax on the cooling system when crawling because my fan runs on high a lot. Having a winch in front of the grill doesn't help. Also the winch and ARB twin onboard air both have big battery draws and require the motor to be idling when in use. These often kick up the fan speed. Also, on the trail when motor is shut down for short periods. The engine temperature rises to the point where when motor is started back up the fan runs on high for awhile. The cooling system does work but when the fan is on high as needed it's rather annoying.
Thinking I can't add more air flow in but I can allow more air out. I simply raised the back of the hood as an experiment. Much easier and reversible vs cutting in hood vents which seems to be the norm.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jl hood hinge extention 2

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jl hood hinge extention 2

I can attest to fact the cover works great!!
Pretty cool. Off topic but this is a good example of how much bigger the JL got vs the TJ back in the day. I remember going to full doors on my TJ and complaining about losing arm room vs my half doors. Lol.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
A/C works best when outside air is shut off and inside air is recirculated. Must be why there is a switch on the dash. Keeps trail dust out too.
I have done the JT grill screen swap. more air in and now better flow out.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jlr hood swap,painted vent cowl,JT grill screen

before raising the hood.

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I hadn't seen this before on Japanese cars, only VW Bettles with the lid raised for cooling.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jlr hood swap,painted vent cowl,JT grill screen
Yeah itā€™s been a JDM thing for awhile, about 10 years as I recall

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
After countless hours of browsing headlight videos, eBay and Amazon I decided on these Atubeix headlights and I couldnā€™t be happier!

Got these on amazon last week for $399
https://amzn.to/2ZlkAjY

and just installed them today
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200909_082908

The only thing I had to do for my Sport (without led package) is just figure out where I want the X shaped DRLs to light up with. The instructions say fuse 52, but I only wanted it to turn on with parking lights and up, so i can go blackout if need be.

I found out that the big 40a fuse blocks are for the left and right parking lights so I wasnā€™t going to tap into that, but instead hardwired it to the passenger side parking lights (fender)

This mess was just for testing purposes. The red clips are for my switchback resistors. The brown and white wire is what you want to tap into for the parking lights. The green and white is for the amber turn signal.

I was surprised at how incredibly detailed this design looked. Havenā€™t seen anyone else with this which makes them feel very unique.

Iā€™ll try to get some better night shots, but the cutoff is incredibly sharp. The entire headlight almost looks too bright at how WHITE the lights look. Either way Iā€™m in love and canā€™t wait to do some night driving!