www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

besides California is one of few states that doesnt run 80mph speed limits on there highways say like the five between la and san fran. so on average most states drivers including semi trucks are running 85+ on the daily so 90 in a small car isnt that bad. But Self intilted drivers that dont know the rules of the road in Crapifonia are the problems with the unsafe driving conditions not the speeders.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

to get back on track. i think its great that Jeep is installing the solar power charge stations. you can blend them in pretty easily and if you install in a general area that's not an eye sore then even better.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
besides California is one of few states that doesnt run 80mph speed limits on there highways say like the five between la and san fran. so on average most states drivers including semi trucks are running 85+ on the daily so 90 in a small car isnt that bad. But Self intilted drivers that dont know the rules of the road in Crapifonia are the problems with the unsafe driving conditions not the speeders.
Yeah and one of those idiots looking at their phones might come up to your lane, hit you, and then you can lose control. At 90mph if you hit the defense, say bye bye. If you hit another car full of children then the consequences can be even worst. All because of a dumbass looking at his/her phone while driving, oh, and because you were driving over the speed limit, which will of course be noted by the officer at the scene.

I rather get into an accident at 65~70 mph than at 90. It greatly reduces the chances of a fatal crash. Humans make mistakes, we all do. It can happen anytime be it by your own hand or another person. There is absolutely no need to drive that fast.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Solar stations? I thought we were talking about how fast you can drive on freeways in CA ;)

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
so going back to the point. the speeding was an answer to my question about e range. A rogue Prius was used as an example as to what causes e-range to decrease (high speed). My question was answered.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Yeah and one of those idiots looking at their phones might come up to your lane, hit you, and then you can lose control. At 90mph if you hit the defense, say bye bye. If you hit another car full of children then the consequences can be even worst. All because of a dumbass looking at his/her phone while driving, oh, and because you were driving over the speed limit, which will of course be noted by the officer at the scene.

I rather get into an accident at 65~70 mph than at 90. It greatly reduces the chances of a fatal crash. Humans make mistakes, we all do. It can happen anytime be it by your own hand or another person. There is absolutely no need to drive that fast.
"humans wouldn't make mistakes if parents where better at being parents and better at leading by example." we could go back and forth allllllll day long. in the end its all comes down to stupid drivers driving the in the wrong lane while not paying attention and lawyers and judges that have zero common sense and rather give a criminal free money and no punishment so they can get another vote.. Ill just keep sitting back in my chair laughing at the stupid morons in this hell hole of a state until it implodes.. its gonna be a great day when that happens....... back to the main topic we go. i will not feed into this any more..

120+ alll day long

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
744?!! Even with the Rubicon content weight in that number over a base 4xe, I think that’s enough for me to say no.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
744?!! Even with the Rubicon content weight in that number over a base 4xe, I think that’s enough for me to say no.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I just want to say.....that I hate the "California" ideals presented here. Just stay in California....please?

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Also, they better build an outhouse right next to the charger so that you have something to do while you wait for your PHEV to charge.
I see a lot of people have setups where they sleep in the back or whatever. Could just take a little nap. :D

Looks like there's some downright unfriendly discussion going on in here. Kinda unbecoming of a Jeep forum right? Let's get along.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
As reported by CNET Roadshow

Off-Road Trail Solar Chargers 2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-2048x1270.jpg

Jeep will build solar charging stations on trails for the Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid

Jeep is going to make it easier to juice up your plug-in hybrid Wrangler while out in the wild.

September 4, 2020

Jim Morrison, head of Jeep in North America, dropped a pretty cool bit of news in an interview Thursday. To coincide with the launch of the plug-in hybrid Wrangler 4xe, the company will install solar charging stations on select trails in California and Utah. Morrison confirmed that owners will be able to charge up at Rubicon Springs, the halfway point of the 22-mile Rubicon Trail, as well as on select trails in Moab, Utah.

Of course, with 25 miles of electric range, the Wrangler 4xe shouldn't need a charge while on the Rubicon, and I imagine all the braking one has to do will keep the regenerative power going strong. In fact, Morrison said the 4xe completed the Rubicon in all-electric mode with no problems. But it's always good to wheel with as much fuel -- or electrons -- as possible, since you never know what will happen.

Drivers will be able to fully charge the Wrangler 4xe in about 2 hours, and most chargers will be placed in camping or lunch spots where folks will likely want to spend a lot of time.

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe boasts 375 horsepower and a whopping 470 pound-feet of torque. In the aptly named Rubicon trim, the 4xe is 744 pounds heavier than a standard gas-powered Wrangler, but it should still outperform its conventional counterpart with all that sweet, sweet instant electric torque.

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe will go on sale later this year.
Found a video of this press release

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
For the Rubicon trail I would hope that they will only place the charging points at the entrance and exit areas. I can't imagine any other way to do it without altering the trail. For Moab it's such a massive network of trails that I don't know how they would plan on doing it. Maybe a charging location in town. As for blending them in, it was suggested to have a latrine available, the roof of the building is the best way to hide the panels. And it would allow for a large battery system to build a reserve. You are still stuck with looking at a building, but that is at least a functional building even for people who don't have an electric vehicle.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
One thing I am actually interested in finding out are the axles and the suspension these e jeeps will come with, and the brakes. Rubicon take offs are probably going to give a pretty decent lift considering this thing is 700lbs heavier. And considering the current JLU payload is about 1,000 lbs.
The JTR Diesel will have a 6400lb GVW with regular M210/220 wide track axles. Should be totally sufficient, especially since the foundation brakes will see less use because of regen braking. they'll definitely be the heaviest springs in the program, so much so, that it'll require a unique aftermarket lift to work right.
Sponsored