First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Reviving an old thread. @Toycrusher could you post a picture or something to show what part you mean? Never really worked on a clutch before and my 2020 JLR is doing this too.
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Reviving an old thread. @Toycrusher could you post a picture or something to show what part you mean? Never really worked on a clutch before and my 2020 JLR is doing this too.
Sorry, dug around but couldn't find a picture. If you stand on your head, there's a coil spring with a plastic two-piece slide inside. Squeeze the spring and you can remove it from it's place. Slather it in the slick goo of your choice and re-install. It's almost just that easy though it took me many tries to get it back in place...

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, dug around but couldn't find a picture. If you stand on your head, there's a coil spring with a plastic two-piece slide inside. Squeeze the spring and you can remove it from it's place. Slather it in the slick goo of your choice and re-install. It's almost just that easy though it took me many tries to get it back in place...
Thank you for the explanation, I will crawl under there and take a look!

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If you push the clutch pedal to the floor (make sure your Jeep is blocked from rolling) the spring is pretty easy to take out/put in.

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Anyone of you guys figure out this noise?

I have this EAXCT issue. In the morning everything is fine and quiet, but after it warms up it is very creaky. The dealership replaced the slave cylinder and bled the system. The noise was back within a week. Iā€™ll probably drop it off with them again after this next wheeling trip.

I had this exact same issue last year, only after it was warmed up. I ended up having my slave cylinder and clutch replaced. The noise came back a few months later

It may also have something to do with the current recall:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uals-overheating-clutch-pressure-plate.47887/
I know this is a couple months old but i wanted to touch base. My clutch is also doing this. Has been doing it for probably 6 months now. I just had my clutch recall done and the dealer said they fixed it.....which they did not but thats a thing all in its own. Im going to say it is the Mopar specific slave cylinder. My old 94 Wrangler did this. I replaced the SC with a new one from Advanced Auto and boom it was gone. I think the o-rings inside swell and get damaged and cause the sound and that binding feeling you notice.

Did you ever figure it out
Dealer replaced my clutch master cylinder and bled system. Did not fix the issue. Anyone ever figure anything out?

Sponsored

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone of you guys figure out this noise?

Dealer replaced my clutch master cylinder and bled system. Did not fix the issue. Anyone ever figure anything out?
They never could figure it out. I had some other mechanical issues pop up on my Jeep so I ended up getting rid of it this week.

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
They never could figure it out. I had some other mechanical issues pop up on my Jeep so I ended up getting rid of it this week.
Ah damn thatā€™s too bad. Sometimes I really wish I had bought the auto.

What did you end up buying or plan to replace with?

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Ah damn thatā€™s too bad. Sometimes I really wish I had bought the auto.

What did you end up buying or plan to replace with?
Iā€™d like to get an LJ as a weekend/trail rig. I bought a 2021 Tacoma. I was talking to my dealer about getting a diesel gladiator but they were already spoken for and I needed something the same day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Squeaky Clutch/Slave Cylinder 6 MT FCEB2F3D-AC5A-42BC-9300-4A6854638075

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Iā€™d like to get an LJ as a weekend/trail rig. I bought a 2021 Tacoma. I was talking to my dealer about getting a diesel gladiator but they were already spoken for and I needed something the same day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Squeaky Clutch/Slave Cylinder 6 MT FCEB2F3D-AC5A-42BC-9300-4A6854638075
I think an LJ and tacoma would be an awesome combo.

I occasionally think about selling the Jeep, getting another tacoma. Too much work to go back to semi stock though lol. Iā€™d have to pull my front axle, transfer case.

Maybe bumper and sliders. Need fenders but thatā€™s the easy stuff.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Watching this thread.
I have a gritty feeling in my clutch pedal... had it in some form for the 2 years Iā€™ve owned it. I havenā€™t listened for the clutch noise recently though (winter and all).
FWIW, the gritty feeling did not improve with removal of the helper spring (I think the squeak is outside anyway). Iā€™ve been running w/o that spring for 3-6 months.

Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Watching this thread.
I have a gritty feeling in my clutch pedal... had it in some form for the 2 years Iā€™ve owned it. I havenā€™t listened for the clutch noise recently though (winter and all).
FWIW, the gritty feeling did not improve with removal of the helper spring (I think the squeak is outside anyway). Iā€™ve been running w/o that spring for 3-6 months.
Yep a gritty feeling in the pedal goes along with my noise

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I am seriously beginning to suspect my throwout bearing
Yeah I was thinking the same. I have a really good dealer and I might be able to get them to replace it and my pressure plate..possibly the clutch too. They are really willing to help so Iā€™ll see.
I am at 30k miles and less than 2 months away from 3 years.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was thinking the same. I have a really good dealer and I might be able to get them to replace it and my pressure plate..possibly the clutch too. They are really willing to help so Iā€™ll see.
I am at 30k miles and less than 2 months away from 3 years.
If you get that done, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I'm way past the warranty, and will be shelling out my hard earned cash when I replace my clutch.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Watching this thread.
Have you visited a dealer for this concern yet, Jeepjunkie? If not, we suggest doing so at your earliest convenience to allow their team the chance to pinpoint the cause of this. If you need assistance, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored