2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours

Colleen

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I’ve heard Chief Blue and some kind of maroon neither of which appeal to me. I wanted Punk’n and Sting Gray was second choice. So I pulled the trigger.
2021 order banks are OPEN! Post up your order status so we can all eagerly anticipate delivery togther...

2021 JLUR in Sting Gray, 2.0 I4 Turbo, automatic, Leather buckets, hard top, remote proximity, MOPAR sills, safety/advanced safety, 8.4" premium radio, LED lighting, trailer tow aux, cold weather group and delivery to Chicago area. I'll update this post as dates change...

6/9/20: Ordered, Status: BA
6/16/20: VIN/VON Status: D
7/9/20: D1 Estimated Ship: 8/7/20
8/4/20: D1 Estimated Ship: 8/16/20
8/11/20: Jeep Chat: In Framing
8/13/20: Status: JB
8/18/20: Status: JS
8/30/20: Crypto Sticker: Found
8/31/20: Jeep CS: Shipping, No ETA assigned
9/4/20: Jeep CS: Shipping, ETA to dealer 9/4-9/14
2021 2Door Wrangler Sport
Bright White
Manual Transmission
Soft Top
Cold weather pkg
Ordered 8/4/20
8/31 waiting inspection
Sponsored

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
2021 JLU Rubicon

2.0 I4 DOHC DI Turbo w/ 8-spd Auto
Sting Gray
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
LED Lighting Group
4:1 Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4wd System
MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
Black 3 Piece Hard Top
Cargo Group w/ Trail Rail System
Engine Block Heater
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Cold Weather Group
Integrated Off-Road Camera

Ordered 9/2/2020 (actually paid $1,000 and ordered 8/28 but salesman disappeared on me for 5 days before ordering)

PS - Have VON but still have not received VIN. Salesman seems like a total flake when it comes to communication.

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
2021 JLU Rubicon

Sting Gray
LED Lighting Group
MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
Black 3 Piece Hard Top
Engine Block Heater
Cold Weather Group

Ordered 9/2/2020 (actually paid $1,000 and ordered 8/28 but salesman disappeared on me for 5 days before ordering)

PS - Have VON but still have not received VIN. Salesman seems like a total flake when it comes to communication.
My sales person was a total flake too. Luckily the sales manager has been more than awesome.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2021 JLU Rubicon

Sting Gray
LED Lighting Group
MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
Black 3 Piece Hard Top
Engine Block Heater
Cold Weather Group

You can call Jeep Chat and get the VIN by telling them your VON. But everyone should get a POC from their dealer within a few days of ordering, demand it. That way they don't jack you around holding orders to fit their financial calendar, you have proof of what you ordered and you get the VON/VIN.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
You can call Jeep Chat and get the VIN by telling them your VON. But everyone should get a POC from their dealer within a few days of ordering, demand it. That way they don't jack you around holding orders to fit their financial calendar, you have proof of what you ordered and you get the VON/VIN.
Thank you. I should have been more clear in that I DID receive the POC, it's just that he never got back to me with the VIN like he said he would. He seems to say things and not do them. I don't like that. I will get the VIN through Jeep Chat this week. It's not really a big deal. I don't care to talk to the dealership anymore until the vehicle is in. I can't stand car dealers and salesmen to begin with. I know there are some decent ones, but among a sea of sleaze.

Sponsored

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
2021 JLU Willys
3.6L V6 eTorque w/ AT
Sting gray
3 Piece Hard Top
7" Radio w/ Technology Group
Convenience Group
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow & Electrical Group
Cloth seats, LED Lights, MOPAR slush mats all included with 25W easy-order package (if I remember correctly, I'm at work without my order sheet handy.)

8/22 - Order Placed
8/27 - VIN Assigned
9/1 - FCA/Jeep chat advised all parts were in but vehicle wasn't being built yet.. (D or D1?)
9/5 - Spoke with dealer to see about making a change to the order & was told it was too late, because the vehicle was already in production (D1 or later, presumably...)
9/8 - FCA/Jeep Chat says it is not in production... still "parts are in but vehicle isn't being built yet."

I'm so confused! & slightly frustrated. My salesman is GREAT, but the new vehicle sales manager kinda sucks, tbh. He walked me through the order process and failed to mention that the trail cam was an option, which is one of the changes I called to inquire about making. There has been no communication from him about status updates since the VIN was assigned, & when he called to tell me that, he didn't want to actually give me the VIN. :facepalm:

My car was totaled 7/22, & insurance was a nightmare. Once we finally get everything settled, we ordered my Wrangler in hopes to have it in by late September - early October. I'm tired of sharing the hubs' Civic. :giggle::fingerscrossed:

JeffreyHF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler High Altitude
2021 JLU Willys
3.6L V6 eTorque w/ AT
Sting gray
3 Piece Hard Top
7" Radio w/ Technology Group
Convenience Group
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow & Electrical Group
Cloth seats, LED Lights, MOPAR slush mats all included with 25W easy-order package (if I remember correctly, I'm at work without my order sheet handy.)

8/22 - Order Placed
8/27 - VIN Assigned
9/1 - FCA/Jeep chat advised all parts were in but vehicle wasn't being built yet.. (D or D1?)
9/5 - Spoke with dealer to see about making a change to the order & was told it was too late, because the vehicle was already in production (D1 or later, presumably...)
9/8 - FCA/Jeep Chat says it is not in production... still "parts are in but vehicle isn't being built yet."

I'm so confused! & slightly frustrated. My salesman is GREAT, but the new vehicle sales manager kinda sucks, tbh. He walked me through the order process and failed to mention that the trail cam was an option, which is one of the changes I called to inquire about making. There has been no communication from him about status updates since the VIN was assigned, & when he called to tell me that, he didn't want to actually give me the VIN. :facepalm:

My car was totaled 7/22, & insurance was a nightmare. Once we finally get everything settled, we ordered my Wrangler in hopes to have it in by late September - early October. I'm tired of sharing the hubs' Civic. :giggle::fingerscrossed:
Have you considered asking your salesman whether they'll let you order a new Willys, with the options you now want, and sell the one you already have on order, as dealer inventory?

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I contacted Jeep chat and got my VIN. Insofar as the status, she told me this:

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I got the same info from JC. Talking to them right now to see if the process has moved along yet

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
2 door Rubicon 3.6 6 speed

ordered 8/24
VIN 8/25
Estimated build date 10/1

5-1/2 weeks from order to build, then another couple in shipping. Should be here right at the 8 week mark. Looks like they are still running about 3 Weeks behind.

Sponsored

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
2021 JLURD order 7/3 with update:
6:06:40 PM
I am seeing your vehicle is in the shipping stage and in transit to your selling dealership. Your delivery to dealership ETA Window is: 09/07/2020 - 09/11/2020 so it will not be that much longer until your vehicle arrives at the dealership!

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
Have you considered asking your salesman whether they'll let you order a new Willys, with the options you now want, and sell the one you already have on order, as dealer inventory?
They probably would, since they've already clarified that my deposit is refundable & I'm not obligated to purchase, in the event that it came in & I didn't like it (fat chance, lol) or I found another to purchase before it's delivered. But, to be honest, I don't know that I would want to do that & have to order and wait all over again. :blush:

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
2021 JLURD order 7/3 with update:
6:06:40 PM
I am seeing your vehicle is in the shipping stage and in transit to your selling dealership. Your delivery to dealership ETA Window is: 09/07/2020 - 09/11/2020 so it will not be that much longer until your vehicle arrives at the dealership!
2 door Rubicon 3.6 6 speed

ordered 8/24
VIN 8/25
Estimated build date 10/1

5-1/2 weeks from order to build, then another couple in shipping. Should be here right at the 8 week mark. Looks like they are still running about 3 Weeks behind.
I didn’t realize they would give the build date and an actual delivery window. Very cool.

Hyperion

First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
2021 JLUR
Ordered 6/15
VIN 8/13
VON 8/16
Been in inspection since 8/17 (3 and 1/2 weeks now)

anyone know if the VINs are issued sequentially from 00001?
Sponsored