Sponsored

3.6 - For Those Running Premium Fuel

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I do not have their tune. I would encourage you to read the posted thread, it's informative with customer reviews that you are looking for. One guy did 0-60 before and after with a significant increase.

Get both sides then direct any concerns toward Livernois instead of just blindly saying it's not possible.
Yep, that’s what I thought.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dynos have been posted. There are several customer reviews in also. It's on you to disprove the results, not everyone else to reprove them. Buy the tune, do some dyno runs, then call them liars. Until then, stfu.
I have only seen dyno results posted from Livernois. None from owners. I have seen testimonials from owners, but in all, there is very little information and results posted outside of what the tuner has provided. You guys can keep drinking the cool aid, but I need further proof. I have seen time and time again tuners make claims with actual results being different.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I have only seen dyno results posted from Livernois. None from owners. I have seen testimonials from owners, but in all, there is very little information and results posted outside of what the tuner has provided. You guys can keep drinking the cool aid, but I need further proof. I have seen time and time again tuners make claims with actual results being different.
So buy the tune, get some dyno runs in, and call them frauds. In that order.

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So buy the tune, get some dyno runs in, and call them frauds. In that order.
I’m not going to waste my money or time. I’ll let you guys do it. I look forward to seeing your, um, cough, results.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Ive been running premium and I can swear everything inside the Jeep smells better. It also makes me feel at peace; it makes me feel. Premium. I do it for spiritual reasons.

I dont know why you guys believe what the manual says, and a bunch of engineers and scientists who are probably controlled by Bill Gates.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I’m not going to waste my money or time. I’ll let you guys do it. I look forward to seeing your, um, cough, results.
Translation:
Litfuse said:
I am not going to attempt to back up any of my claims. The other people have to back up theirs, but only so long as it proves that I am right. Otherwise it's fake news.
You aren't just a clown, you are the entire circus. I'm sure that Livernois did cherry pick the best runs. But they don't claim that everyone will see the same exact results in hp gain either. But merely that it's possible to see up to their results. You went back and forth more than a swingset. Going from, there's no way a tuner can gain that much power alone, to yes the factory tune is absolutely garbage, back to if I don't see independent results then it's all fake hype. You bragged about your vast knowledge and experience, prove them wrong then.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Translation:

You aren't just a clown, you are the entire circus. I'm sure that Livernois did cherry pick the best runs. But they don't claim that everyone will see the same exact results in hp gain either. But merely that it's possible to see up to their results. You went back and forth more than a swingset. Going from, there's no way a tuner can gain that much power alone, to yes the factory tune is absolutely garbage, back to if I don't see independent results then it's all fake hype. You bragged about your vast knowledge and experience, prove them wrong then.
Talk about going back and forth. “They cherry pick their tunes,” and “they don’t guarantee these results for everyone.”

I have been very clear about my thoughts, but let me restate them for you.

1.) These results on a NA OEM motor from a tune alone is not feasible.

2.)The oem tune on a manual transmission JL is garbage. You can search the forum for many people who are in agreement.

3.) I’m still waiting for someone to post independent results from this tune. Not opinions on how it feels. I want to see data!

So until we see confirmed consistent results, we are all just in a silly pissing match with one another.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
If they can finally come up with a rev hang eliminator then that alone is worth the money!

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Talk about going back and forth. “They cherry pick their tunes,” and “they don’t guarantee these results for everyone.”

2.)The oem tune on a manual transmission JL is garbage. You can search the forum for many people who are in agreement.

3.) I’m still waiting for someone to post independent results from this tune. Not opinions on how it feels. I want to see data!

So until we see confirmed consistent results, we are all just in a silly pissing match with one another.
Not a bad idea to question things. But I believe superchips has a tune for a 30hp increase on 87octane as well.

My guess is FCA throttles back the tune so low octane can be used. You probably won't see anyone dyno these. There are just not enough people into performance like you would have on a mustang or challenger site.

Going to the track for a before and after run would be best. But I don't think I have ever seen 1 jeep at the track.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bad idea to question things. But I believe superchips has a tune for a 30hp increase on 87octane as well.

My guess is FCA throttles back the tune so low octane can be used. You probably won't see anyone dyno these. There are just not enough people into performance like you would have on a mustang or challenger site.

Going to the track for a before and after run would be best. But I don't think I have ever seen 1 jeep at the track.
Oh, I have seen a Jeep at the track and it was hilarious. An old Xj with the 4.0l with the 4.2 crank. Ran a 17 seconds in the quarter. Lol

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I guess I go back to my previous statement that I highly doubt Livernois would put their reputation on the line and fudge numbers. If their tune for the 3.6 is the same for most owners, what would you want other Dyno runs for? You think Livernois made snake oil on their runs and they are selling us lower impact snake oil?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

If I may add my .02, oem tunes as a whole are conservative. The Honda/Acura guys get NA tunes all the time that make DRAMATIC increases. The OEM tune being garbage means there is room for improvement. I would also argue that independent opinions ARE data. If multiple people are saying it feels better, faster, stronger, then it's probably true. You don't need a dyno to compete in the Pepsi challenge.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I may add my .02, oem tunes as a whole are conservative. The Honda/Acura guys get NA tunes all the time that make DRAMATIC increases. The OEM tune being garbage means there is room for improvement. I would also argue that independent opinions ARE data. If multiple people are saying it feels better, faster, stronger, then it's probably true. You don't need a dyno to compete in the Pepsi challenge.
People confuse throttle calibration with more power. Often, this is where tuners get their “feel” on NA tunes. People’s opinions are not facts.
Sponsored