Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It provides a measurable mpg boost. That helps FCA's CAFE numbers - which are really bad right now and costing FCA a LOT of money.
I still have to see a review that eTorque actually delivers better MPG.

eTorque has been available on Ram 1500 as an option for a number of years, on both the V6 and V8: it is a pricey option yet the MPG results haven’t been all that encouraging.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/2019-ram-1500-laramie-long-term-update-5/

Sponsored

Last edited:

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
There appears to be three (3) engine selections available.

- 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I With Start Stop
- 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine with Start Stop
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine

I assume the 2.0 L I4 is a diesel?

Also it seems that if you get the 8-speed auto transmission you have to pick the eTorque engine. Wonder why the non-eTorque engine is not available with the auto transmission?

FLSteve

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
There appears to be three (3) engine selections available.

- 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I With Start Stop
- 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine with Start Stop
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine

I assume the 2.0 L I4 is a diesel?

Also it seems that if you get the 8-speed auto transmission you have to pick the eTorque engine. Wonder why the non-eTorque engine is not available with the auto transmission?

FLSteve
The 2.0L is a 4 cylinder Turbocharged Gasoline Direct Injection Dual OverHead Cam GAS engine. It is because of better fuel efficiency, that's the reason for the eTorque automatic-only Pentastar.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a banner ad on the right side of my screen advertising NEW WRANGLER JL FOR 2% BELOW INVOICE.

Must be the new promotion for September.

This price is 1% better than Friends and Family, although not as good as Employee Pricing.

I thought FCA had more buyers than Wranglers to sell at the moment.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a banner ad on the right side of my screen advertising NEW WRANGLER JL FOR 2% BELOW INVOICE.

This price is 1% better than Friends and Family, although not as good as Employee Pricing.

My dealer has 70 so I hope they can get some sales going on, they're really popular vehicles so I would expect some sales this month before labor day especially.

Sponsored

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.

This would be FANTASTIC, as I'm expecting delivery on a 2021 Willys toward the end of the month.... We have an FCA friends & family #, but I'll take all the help I can get. :fingerscrossed:

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Any ideas why I can't get a front camera & a 2.0? Is there a special order I need to click the options in to make it stick?
I double-checked the order guide. It's not prohibited. Must be a configurator software glitch.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
What the@@##!!! you can't get a auto and 6 without E bull!!!. You can get a crap 4 with auto.
Didn't they do away with the e bull on the 4 !!! what the !!!! they stuck it on the 6???

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What the@@##!!! you can't get a auto and 6 without E bull!!!. You can get a crap 4 with auto.
Didn't they do away with the e bull on the 4 !!! what the !!!! they stuck it on the 6???
That's the new 2021 engine thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well let's hope they don't put any E bull, on the 392 !!!
That would really suck! I hope they replace the ESS button with an active exhaust button. :rock:

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
I'm getting ready to order a 2021, and of course neither Jeeps website or my salesperson can clarify the details of the new Full time 4 Wheel drive system. Does it replace the existing Rubi part time system or compliment it? I don't want to lose the rock crawling capability, but the AWD would be nice for on road driving and snow. I can't find technical info on what this system does in compared to the current system.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I'm getting ready to order a 2021, and of course neither Jeeps website or my salesperson can clarify the details of the new Full time 4 Wheel drive system. Does it replace the existing Rubi part time system or compliment it? I don't want to lose the rock crawling capability, but the AWD would be nice for on road driving and snow. I can't find technical info on what this system does in compared to the current system.
There’s another thread on this forum. It has 2H, 4Auto, 4Hi & 4low. It also has CV axles.

euroamerica

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I don't prefer it because I fear that the clutch system adds complexity to the transfer case and create issues for me down the road. I like keeping my vehicles for as long as I possibly can.
Plus that system comes with some CV-JOINT type rubber boots on the front that will wear quickly and crack by driving on extreme conditions like dirt, mud etc... so I prefer the traditional and more durable U-Joints..!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 WRANGLER BUILD AND PRICE IS UP!!! 0ADE98F2-6B64-4FD4-B427-E9B3BCB1C0BC

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
Plus that system comes with some CV-JOINT type rubber boots on the front that will wear quickly and crack by driving on extreme conditions like dirt, mud etc... so I prefer the traditional and more durable U-Joints..!
0ADE98F2-6B64-4FD4-B427-E9B3BCB1C0BC.jpeg
Yep, looking at that picture, this setup would be a concern for me!
Sponsored