Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Dealer Name: Browning CDJR
City, State: Norco, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/26/20
Date Completed: 9/3/20
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes - I was met initially with a lot of resistance from the CSR and the Service Manager. Ultimately, I got Jeep Cares involved and after several hours of back and forth the dealership changed course and ultimately performed the TSB repairs/parts replacement.

BTW, Jeep Cares was outstanding for me and authorized all parts/repairs along with expedited shipping to this dealership. Jeep Cares was kind and understanding throughout the process and really advocated for me. My case rep also called me and left a detailed voice message 4 business days after the case was opened to follow up and alert me that the parts had been sent and the dealership should be contacting me very soon to schedule installation. I was told to call her right back if the dealership wasn’t being prompt in scheduling my service and that she “would step in”.

How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score: 2 - They honestly left me with the feeling that my Jeep wasn’t welcome there and that but for Jeep Cares/FCA they wouldn’t be performing this TSB/warranty repair. Note that my Jeep was purchased new, by me, at this same CDJR dealership 8 months ago and is 100% bone stock (including tires and wheels) with under 9,000 miles on the clock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
- Tyson Motors
- Shorewood, Illinois
- I did buy my Jeep from them.
- Took it in 8/3, they wanted to inspect it first. Called me back same day and said they ordered the parts and will take 5 days to get in. No arguing from them at all, very easy! They also put 0 miles on it so no test drive.
- Jeep has rubi take-offs and Mopar CAI.
- Highly recommend them, very nice and easy to deal with...10

OP
OP
Engine Guy

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks everyone for the great information! I just updated the spreadsheet. I'll try to keep it current each night.

Be safe out there!

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
Dealer Name: North Olmsted CJDR
City, State: North Olmsted, OH
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/3/20
Date Completed: Unknown timeframe
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Initially they said it drove as it should. I asked the woman if the tech drove it on the highway and she said she was unsure. I specifically mentioned that the main concern was while highway driving so a different guy took it back out and when he returned said he agreed that it wandered on the highway especially. They ordered the parts but the delivery date is unknown. Also worth mentioning, before the guy took it on the second test drive, the woman kept saying if it persists that it will need to go back to the dealership I bought it from. It seems that they were definitely trying to get out of doing it for the reason which I really don’t understand. Regardless, the parts are on order.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? I’d give them a 8/10 so far and say that I’m likely to recommend them. Hopefully they do a quality job in replacing it all.

Sponsored

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Dealer Name: Galeana Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat
City, State: Fort Myers, Fl
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08.08.2020
Date Completed: N/A
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No will NEVER again buy from these guys!!! Always issues with them
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 - Complete jerks!

Gawne Jeeping

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name: Sheboygan Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM
City, State: Sheboygan, WI
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/3/20
Date Completed: TBD
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes. 3.5" Metalcloak Lift, 37" Milestar Tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No. They weren't aware of the TSB, but once I provided them the bulletin number they found it right away. I initially showed them a video I took of the steering wheel slop while I was driving on the interstate to the dealership. They then took my Jeep out for an 8 mile test drive and agreed it needed to be fixed.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 8 if they come through. I've taken my Jeep to them several times and been happy, but the most recent time I was there (before this time) was because I had an error light on. They diagnosed it, saying the gear position sensor needed to be recalibrated (I had just regeared my Jeep and had told them as much), but they wouldn't perform the recalibration because I had an offroad shop install an aftermarket 3rd brake light on my Jeep (wired to the right rear brake light), and the dealership "couldn't rule that out as a contributing factor". Huh?? They charged me $167 and sent me on my way. I found the Mopar recalibration procedure and performed it myself in 20 minutes...

jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer Name:Uftring Jeep
City, State: North Pekin Illinois
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): Aug. 22
Date Completed: Sept 4
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Teraflex Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 10
I took it in to have the work done today. They worked extra to complete it before the long holiday weekend. Very happy so far. Took them about 6 hours to complete from what I was told. Took that long cause they had trouble getting the bolt off.

Last edited:

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Dealer Name: Moss Bros. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Moreno Valley
City, State: Moreno Valley, CA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 08/31/2020
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes, Mopar 2" lift, stock tires
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes, technician said they could not duplicate the problem, and that was "required" for the TSB.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0
I'm getting mine done tomorrow my dealership so far has been on board and supportive, not far from you I'll keep you posted when it's all done

Sponsored

bwilson109

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dealer Name: AutoNation CDJR
City, State: Katy, TX
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 9/2/2020
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No Dealer claimed that they took the jeep for a test drive and found no issues, yet there was only 1 mile added to the odometer while in their possession. Also claimed that the TSB had been cancelled. Told me I should take the vehicle down the street to the local 4WD shop to have dual steering stabilizers installed.
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score 0 - would never recommend this dealer. I went there only because it is the closest one to me.

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Dealer Name: Rairdon’s Kirkland
City, State: Kirkland, WA
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8:/19/202
Date Completed: 9/2/2020
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? No, always had issues here. They did the work but only after I fought it. They said they wouldn’t take the Jeep back to look at the steering after this part as they couldn’t duplicate it.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Dealer Name: All American Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat of San Angelo
City, State: San Angelo, Texas
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work): 8/24/20
Date Completed: Not yet completed.
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: No, My previous Jeep was purchased through them.
Your Jeep has suspension/tire modifications: Yes
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 3

Work is scheduled for 9/10/20. Marvin from Corporate called the dealership and ordered the parts for them. Then instructed the dealer to schedule my replacement.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
CRNA
Hi!

Reading through the forum messages it is evident that we are not being supported in a consistent manner by the numerous dealerships, with respect to TSB 08-074-20. I thought that I would start a survey to help capture the good and the bad dealerships so that we can figure out where to take our JLs. I don’t think that a normal forum survey will work very well for this information, so just provide your response and I’ll build a spreadsheet that I can update on a regular basis (once a day or so).

The questions are:

Dealer Name:
City, State:
Date Taken In (for evaluation, not specifically to do the work):
Date Completed:
Did you buy your Jeep from this dealer: Yes/No
Dealer disputed the TSB (didn’t want to do or said did not apply, etc.): Yes/No
How likely is it you would recommend this dealer’s service department to a friend/colleague? 0 to 10 score

Spreadsheet Updated as of 09/04/2020 7:51PM
Dealer Name: Friendship Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
City, State: Bristol, TN
Date Taken In: 08/24/2020
Date Completed: 08/26/2020
Buy from this dealer: Yes
Suspension/tire modifications: No
Disputed: No
Recommend: 10

Vehicle had approximately 300 miles on it when this was completed.
Sponsored