First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Hmmm, it's fairly windy today. Maybe I should hit the highway today and see how well it behaves in a crosswind and against tractor-trailers.
.....like a sailboat in a hurricane
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

.....like a sailboat in a hurricane
I’m hoping with it tracking better I won’t be blown around as badly.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It's a non-issue...you're experiencing less than satisfactory steering, loose steering wheel, etc. Have the update done you don't need to prove anything ! If they give you slack start the case with JeepCares they seem to be doing a wonderful job at resolving this issue.
Mine is getting the TSB done on Tues :)

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
OK, I just picked the jeep up and it drives like a whole different car. Instead of 1"-2" play and guiding the Jeep down the lane somewhat like playing ping-pong, now it drives with only 1/4"=1/2" play. I still have slight course corrections driving in a straight line, but the steering is more solid.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Dealer has to order the box so have to wait 4 weeks but other parts are local. At least they confirmed the TSB. They and other dealers all were adamant you had to bring in the JL for an ”inspection” before ordering parts. So whatever did what they wanted.

Current steering has a little play and is a bit vague so will be interesting to see how much this will improve. Key going in was to be fully armed with the TSB highlighted so the tech knows you are serious and well informed expecting the TSB to apply. Left a copy on the passenger seat as well.

Person setting the appt had no clue even when explained and service advisor as well leaving it all to the tech to confirm. But did email the service manager beforehand which probs helped. Also got them to flash the Andoid Auto software as the JL update apparently “disappeared“ from the head unit. So all is well and just have to wait now.

Otherwise the JL is still performing awesome. Interestingly the guys working said the Rubicon is out of stock and is always the most popular model sold there.

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I had my TSB completed yesterday wanted to drive it a full day on different roads before I commented. All I can say is I agree with all the other positive responses this is exactly the way it should’ve been from day one and I agree with a lot of the others it drives like my old Jk’s. I have zero play in the center where before it was a good inch and a half to 2 inches. Only one negative the tech left the drag link nut nowhere near tight I think the torque is 26 foot pounds. I had them do a front in alignment naturally the wheel wasn’t centered so I fixed that as well while when I was fixing the loose nut. If anyone is contemplating having this done, Do it!

Jla93

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jlu sport
Will have to buy the parts and do it myself dealer quoted me $175 for programming

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
FIXED!!!!
THIS TSB and cast iron steering box fixed the jeep. It feels like a normal driving jeep now. No wandering up to 75 mph and minimal to no dead spot. Amazing! Went from irritated as hell to happy.

Background. 3" lift 35" tires. Synergy tie rod, drag link sector shaft/track bar brace and rancho geometry correction bracket. Performed power steering fuse technique reset. Caster @ 5. None of that stuff helped ($3000 with labor and 2 months in 4wd shop given back ordered parts).

The only thing that worked was the new steering box.
Isn't amazing how quickly we can forgive when things are made right.? I'm the same way.

Agswin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Any Houston or Austin dealers that are taking care of us without a hassle? Would like to just go to one of them