Sponsored

Did you sell your muscle car for a Jeep?

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I found this article and thought it was kinda interesting.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29706...ro-challenger-for-jeep-wrangler-fca-boss-says

I had a Charger Scatpack then sold it for a 2019 Mustang GT, I kept it for about a year and a half then sold it so I could get a Wrangler. I loved the GT but felt it was only going to get me in trouble lol and I needed something with more room that also didn't feel bland.

Just wondering how many members here have done something similar as well. What did you sell for the Wrangler? Any regrets?
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Traded my 2013 Porsche Boxster S. After a couple of large $ repairs under a shortly expiring extended warranty, it was about to get expensive. And at 53 I was getting tired of climbing in and out of a car that low. Only minor regrets.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
I too have a Mustang and my wife just got a JLU. I really like it and am considering a JT when the time comes. Although the wife says the Mustangs stays. I'm good with that.

Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I did for the exact very reason the article mentions. Although when I can afford it, I'd like to have another Challenger alongside my Jeep!

Jeep Wrangler JL Did you sell your muscle car for a Jeep? 20170209_161205

Jeep Wrangler JL Did you sell your muscle car for a Jeep? 20200511_140614_HDR

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Nope! Garaged and undriven for the past few years, but still have my 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8, pumping about 435hp and maybe 35k miles on the ODO. Low key badassery...

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Gave up a 2003 Subaru WRX that I drove for 17 years and 211,000 miles. Decided it was time for something different. Although it had to be AWD or 4WD.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Traded my 2013 Porsche Boxster S. After a couple of large $ repairs under a shortly expiring extended warranty, it was about to get expensive. And at 53 I was getting tired of climbing in and out of a car that low. Only minor regrets.
How about some pics of that 928 I see in your profile! I always wanted one of those.

Sponsored

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Was time to get rid of the 2008 e90 M3, best car I’ve had so far. Definitely got my money’s worth out of the extended Carmax warranty, lot of $1000-3000 fixes.

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I found this article and thought it was kinda interesting.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29706...ro-challenger-for-jeep-wrangler-fca-boss-says

I had a Charger Scatpack then sold it for a 2019 Mustang GT, I kept it for about a year and a half then sold it so I could get a Wrangler. I loved the GT but felt it was only going to get me in trouble lol and I needed something with more room that also didn't feel bland.

Just wondering how many members here have done something similar as well. What did you sell for the Wrangler? Any regrets?
I sold the ultimate muscle - my Ford F-150 Fx4 truck. A workhorse. Pulled friends trucks out of the mud like if they were a toy. Climb trees if it could get traction. Couldn't tow a trailer worth a lick which I fault the Ford suspension.

Some people say I chose the Jeep because we share the same initials. Cute, but not true. So, gather around kiddos and let me tell you a story about how we met.

I sold the travel trailer and bought a Class C motorhome. Looking to pull a Jeep, found that they were so dang popular that every one that I was remotely interested in was sold before I had a chance to even call and ask about it. Some online sales companies talked to me about buying sight unseen. Ha.. yeah right. So, the wife says, "Instead of buying a used Jeep for the motorhome to pull, why don't you consider a newer one to be your daily driver?"

Sell my truck? Oh.. yeah huh.. hadn't thought of that... (Sharon's the love of my life and way smarter than me)

And that's how we met and my life's been changed forever.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I would not give up my GTO for a Wrangler. I think they both can complement one another as they serve 2 different purposes. For me, the Wrangler I have on order will take over as daily driver duty, but if I was forced to trade the GTO I’d rather keep it. Even at 215K miles, it is going nowhere.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Have Posted this before...2 door for 2door

IMG_2942.jpeg