Sky One Touch roof on 2020 Rubicon

GillyGoat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4 door Rubicon
I recently bought a new 2020 Rubicon with the fancy one touch roof. Have to say that I LOVE it so far! That said, have a weird question. The back window isn't meant to come off (easily), so when the doors and windows are off, and the top back, is that back window intended to just stay down and in place? Are there any concerns of stability with everything else off and that window catching any wind drag? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I recently bought a new 2020 Rubicon with the fancy one touch roof. Have to say that I LOVE it so far! That said, have a weird question. The back window isn't meant to come off (easily), so when the doors and windows are off, and the top back, is that back window intended to just stay down and in place? Are there any concerns of stability with everything else off and that window catching any wind drag? Thanks in advance!
The back window is supposed to stay down and closed while the Jeep is moving. There is no problem with stability or anything else. There is inherent drag with the doors off and the roof back. The only thing that will suffer is your gas mileage. Enjoy!

Azhoopsfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Silver
The back window is supposed to stay down and closed while the Jeep is moving. There is no problem with stability or anything else. There is inherent drag with the doors off and the roof back. The only thing that will suffer is your gas mileage. Enjoy!
Can you drive with it open? I think you can but not sure how it would hold up over time

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Can you drive with it open? I think you can but not sure how it would hold up over time
No. The wind would shove it down faster than you can say “whaaa....?”

Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I think the down side to driving with it open is if a gust of wind slams it down and breaks it. I'm not willing to take that chance, but maybe you are!

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I've driven with my roof open at freeway speeds on many occasions. No big deal.......enjoy.
Sponsored