Grand Wagoneer anyone?

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I have no need for a "jeep suburban" i'll be more interested in the "smaller" new grand cherokee , i assume some of the features of this one will be on that too.

i dont know if pricing is officially out yet but i heard some talk about this one saying it is possible to option it up to 100k

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Mitsubishi called, they want their awkward D-Pillar back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Grand Wagoneer anyone? 20MIGEG3

I am extremely disappointed. Years of anticipation has led to high expectations for brawny retro-modern icon. But this looks so fragile, like a Cherokee/Flex mashup. Nice grill, but I would have gladly taken some body character over six of the screens inside.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Moving Jeep to the upper levels of the “high line” market in price point & options and competing against RangeRover, BMW, Lexus and Mercedes? Yet selling them at their current dealerships with some of the worst sales customer service in the industry will equal a sure death to the Waggoner and any follow on vehicles.

The “more” sophisticated “high line” buyer they are targeting will never stand for the overall low level of sales customer service. So is Jeep going to open separate “high line” dealerships for the new “up market” buyers? Kind of like Toyota / Lexus, Nissan / Infinity and so on....

Last edited:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like they took pointers from Chevy on how to do a redesign...:facepalm: Blends in w/ all the other big SUVs. No true homage to the original.

Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Moving Jeep to the upper levels of the “high line” market in price point & options and completing against RangeRover, BMW, Lexus and Mercedes? Yet selling them at their current dealerships with some of the worst sales customer service in the industry will equal a sure death to the Waggoner and any follow on vehicles.

The “more” sophisticated “high line” buyer they are targeting will never stand for the overall low level of sales customer service. So is Jeep going to open separate “high line” dealerships for the new “up market” buyers? Kind of like Toyota / Lexus, Nissan / Infinity and so on....
This.

They had better understand that the people who are going to spend the type of money that this thing could potentially command expect world class service. Clearly ultra expensive land yacht SUVs are selling so I can see why Jeep wants to get in on that action.

I actually like the design a lot. I suppose I wish it looked a lot more “retro” by paying homage to classic Wagoneers but it works for me. The passenger screen will almost certainly not make it into the final production version but it’s a pretty cool feature.

Other than size, I don’t really see enough here to not make me want to spend significantly less on a well equipped Grand Cherokee.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I will be trading the Durango RT in on this next year. My wife has been wanting a Tahoe... And I have just never had luck with GM automobiles. This fits the bill nicely.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Gotta love the non native English speaking speaker they had present the reveal. Hard to tout American made in Detroit from a guy that cant even pronounce the words correctly.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Looks like a Lincoln and $100k? No thanks. There are a dozen other ways this could have been better.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Gotta love the non native English speaking speaker they had present the reveal. Hard to tout American made in Detroit from a guy that cant even pronounce the words correctly.
Yeah, how dare they let the Global President of Jeep introduce a new Jeep...
It's like that silly French statue in the middle of New York Harbor. Not American at all.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I will be trading the Durango RT in on this next year. My wife has been wanting a Tahoe... And I have just never had luck with GM automobiles. This fits the bill nicely.
I think you might need to trade 3 Durango RTs on this. Maybe wait for the Wagoneer or the 3 row GC that's coming.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Moving Jeep to the upper levels of the “high line” market in price point & options and competing against RangeRover, BMW, Lexus and Mercedes? Yet selling them at their current dealerships with some of the worst sales customer service in the industry will equal a sure death to the Waggoner and any follow on vehicles.

You are absolutely correct, and there are plans to have Stand- Alone JEEP DEALERSHIPS. Jeep is the main moneymaker, and deserves its own " experience"

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
You are absolutely correct, and there are plans to have Stand- Alone JEEP DEALERSHIPS. Jeep is the main moneymaker, and deserves its own " experience"
Easier to sell off to a Chinese conglomerate as a separate entity, too.

I agree that the GW's biggest sales problem will be service/support. Wrangler buyers are far more independent than the manicured folks that will be looking to drop a cool $100g of a Jeep.
Sponsored