Sponsored

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
That's a good point.

Having never owned one of these types, how does mileage rack up on the odometer? Is there an odometer for the battery, or does mileage incur on the vehicle separate from the ICE?
Sponsored

Placebo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something with 4 wheels
I wonder how long that battery will last. Weather, weight, and off-roading (hits near battery and water fording) might kill it faster than most plug in hybrids. I’m worried about constant charging and the above degrading it faster than normal and then having to pay thousands of dollars to replace the thing.

If you haven’t noticed, I’m not too keen on battery tech yet. Solid state batteries do seem promising though.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I wonder how long that battery will last. Weather, weight, and off-roading (hits near battery and water fording) might kill it faster than most plug in hybrids. I’m worried about constant charging and the above degrading it faster than normal and then having to pay thousands of dollars to replace the thing.

If you haven’t noticed, I’m not too keen on battery tech yet. Solid state batteries do seem promising though.
Just curious how many rocks you've had come through the floor of your Wrangler?

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
Seriously disappointed with the Wagoneer. Looks like an Escalade or something similar. Doesn't remind me in any way of a Wagoneer. I get that it has the same general shape, but it just doesn't do it for me. I really don't know what they could have done to make it better - I don't know if the Wagoneer was meant to be modernized.

Edit: Looking at it again it looks like a Tahoe rear ended a Cherokee and the Jeep team was like "THERE IT IS, THE WAGONEER!". They really couldn't have found a way to make the front end look like the original?
Counterpoint: there is a huge market for these types of luxury large SUVs, and Jeep hasn't had a product for that category since the Commander (which was really a "large mid-size").

I think there is a market for this, and it will not cannibalize other existing models.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
From what I've seen PHEVs tend to extend the warranty time to the battery components, while still having the standard warranty for ICE components, so I'd assume Jeep would do same here and help alleviate worries that the PHEV part will fail at say year 4 and be super costly.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I had a negative opinion going in. But I have been honestly impressed. I didn't think that they would get numbers like this with a vehicle that is s less aerodynamic than a barn. 25 miles on electric alone, 50mpg on the highway, and decent power and acceleration. I'm definitely not going to be buying one right away. But I will honestly consider it when it's time to change.

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
This is the way of the future, no doubt. But Geez, that’s a lot of crap that’s going to get wet and leave you stranded.
1599145762070.jpeg

I like the blue tow hook. Nice touch.
Water simply isn't a problem for electric drive-trains and batteries. There are videos all over the place of Tesla's fording deep water without any issues. They are sealed systems, nothing gets in or out. No air intake to worry about, which is the biggest issue with ICEs and water.

You could worry about trail damage and such but water is really not a problem.

Tesla Swimming

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, I get the feeling FCA/Jeep feel like fish out of the water with this technology.

I’ve been seeing an ad for JL 4Xe that boasts about how quiet it is.

Seriously? FCA spent billions of dollars developing this technology, it is going to charge buyers a hefty price premium for it...and all it can say about it is that it is...quiet...? Is that even a consumer benefit...?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Water simply isn't a problem for electric drive-trains and batteries. There are videos all over the place of Tesla's fording deep water without any issues. They are sealed systems, nothing gets in or out. No air intake to worry about, which is the biggest issue with ICEs and water.

You could worry about trail damage and such but water is really not a problem.

Tesla Swimming
That’s good to know, but hardly comforting. FCA ain’t Tesla. Not by a long shot. Leave it to FCA to take a brand-new technology and make it not work...

There are a TON of good, legitimate reasons to buy a Jeep. But “reliable”, “efficient”, “cutting edge technology” and “customer friendly” don’t break the top 20.

Can you imagine trying to have this thing warrantied? I can already see the faces of the service techs at my Jeep dealer giving each other a blank stare.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Full electric power while in 4Lo will be an amazing new way to offroad. I wonder what the actual horsepower and torque numbers are while crawling electric.

With the on-road range of 25 miles, you likely could wheel an entire trail all day and never have to engage the ICE.

This is the truly revolutionary part of the package, IMHO.
If your trail day would see you burning only about 1.5 gallons of fuel all day, maybe. If you want heating and cooling all day, forget it.
Sponsored