Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
A lot of JL owners get gun shy about tuning their Jeep when they hear 'PCM Unlock' but it's not something to be scared of. Swapping the factory PCM for an unlocked unit is simple and proven. Afraid about taking your Jeep back to the dealer with an unlocked PCM? Don't be, our fleet of JL's see regular maintenance at the the dealer without issue and our 'unlock' procedure should make no effect on dealer work, including dealer re-flashes and updates to the PCM. Maybe this video will help ease some of your concerns about tuning your 3.6L JL Wrangler

Sponsored

Last edited:

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Flashpaq on my unlocked ECM from superchips for over a year now and been to the dealer multiple times, never had issues even when they do software updates or warranty work. Good stuff Superchips.

chicknwithabeer

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl RUBICON 2018 Jeep Jl SAHARA 2001 Land Rover Disco II
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Superchips Pulsar except for the fact it keeps returning to stock? Can't figure that one out.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I would get a pulse on how my dealer feels about mods first. I have seen some dealers refuse to do work on jeeps with a Mopar lift. I would like to see a comparison between this and the Livernois tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I have the Flashpaq on my unlocked ECM from superchips for over a year now and been to the dealer multiple times, never had issues even when they do software updates or warranty work. Good stuff Superchips.
Reach out to our tech support team at 888-227-2447

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I would get a pulse on how my dealer feels about mods first. I have seen some dealers refuse to do work on jeeps with a Mopar lift.
Oh, absolutely. Every situation is going to be different, and every dealer will have different policies. We're just trying to share more info on the PCM unlock process in general. In 99% of the cases, the dealer would never know the PCM has been unlocked.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Do you feel a large performance boost?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Im looking for a solution that allows full throttle plate opening when the pedal is floored, but doesnt overly boost it. I dont want 50% throttle at 10% pedal; but do want throttle restriction removed.

any products that do that?

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
What kind of upgraded performance are you experiencing?

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Do you feel a large performance boost?
Definitely feels more powerful with 93 map and it gets to sit in 8th gear on highway drives but I mostly run 87 now and don’t really get on it.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Im looking for a solution that allows full throttle plate opening when the pedal is floored, but doesnt overly boost it. I dont want 50% throttle at 10% pedal; but do want throttle restriction removed.

any products that do that?
Yes, any device that alters the actual tune can do that. The throttle issue you describe is caused by torque management which can be turned down (or off which I wouldn't do) in the tune. I drove a SuperChips tuned 2.0T on 35s with 20" or 22" (I don't remember) and that thing was way peppier than mine, also a 2.0T. The drivability and general feel all around was amazing. Very responsive.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

A lot of JL owners get gun shy about tuning their Jeep when they hear 'PCM Unlock' but it's not something to be scared of. Swapping the factory PCM for an unlocked unit is simple and proven. Afraid about taking your Jeep back to the dealer with an unlocked PCM? Don't be, our fleet of JL's see regular maintenance at the the dealer without issue and our 'unlock' procedure should make no effect on dealer work, including dealer re-flashes and updates to the PCM. Maybe this video will help ease some of your concerns about tuning your 3.6L JL Wrangler

I can’t seem to find this on your site. Is it available for 2021 JLUR 3.6L manual?
Sponsored