Local Sacramento wheelin'

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Saw a bunch of built JKs on I-80 and I-50 from about Dixon to Rancho Cordova on my commute to work this morning. When you've been commuting this route for 15+ years you get a sense o who's who. Anyway, clearly a staggered group heading East for some off-road fun!
I’ll admit to being envious when I’m driving to to work on 50 when I see a group of Jeeps headed towards Tahoe.
Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Follow up. Saw a very filthy mud covered JK driving back home on Friday. Looks like they accomplished the mission!

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
Its most likely due to the people that may be hanging out on those roads.. sometimes you see remnants of small fires & dumping on that road. In my high school days this would of been a premo spot to hangout and do highschool teenage things. Im sure the police are after these types more than people looking to drive through and have fun in the mud.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update to this guys? With my new MC full Gamechanger installed, I'm looking to take my 13 year old for a little Jeepin'. Still, I'm a relative newb, so this sounds like nice ride and somewhat close to my starting point in Solano County. Any issues with this loop? Up the thread it looked like some were being told to stay away, but others saying its still good.

Sponsored

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
It's still good. Pack a lunch and have fun. I'm probably going to take my rig out there to do a shake down run after I install some parts in a few weeks

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's still good. Pack a lunch and have fun. I'm probably going to take my rig out there to do a shake down run after I install some parts in a few weeks
Yep, was still good to go. Didn't see a soul on the trail the whole time except on dude on an electric dirt bike. Didn't really get any pics of the really good obstacles, but there was quite a few, especially in the beginning and less so as you get nearer the bridge. Had a blast, and I was so impressed how the new Gamechanger lift performed. I was less impressed with my own ability to get my rig into 4L however. I need to work on that!
@Focker

Dusty trail.jpg

Lean.jpg

Bridge.jpg

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Sounds like you are ready for a real trail run :like:
4lo can be kinda tricky. Some people kinda roll into it and others just slam it in. My wife uses both hands to engage 4lo
Sponsored