JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
My JLURD ordered 7/3 is in JB status (additional equipment) since Monday. Anticipating up to 2 weeks there based on a thread from 2019. Anyone seen anything more recent on that? After JB should be KZ :)
Mine (non-diesel, ordered 6/9) along with many others here went from JB to JS (within a couple days) where they have now been sitting for weeks with no ETA or explanation. Last physical movement for me was around 8/18/20. I can only assume not enough room to transport them. I'm now in "shipping stage" with no known dates. So basically glorified JS.

Advertisement

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Just curious how often you folks check Jeep Chat for status? My salesperson is fairly noncommunicative, so I need to get my information elsewhere, or (blindly) wait patiently.

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Just curious how often you folks check Jeep Chat for status? My salesperson is fairly noncommunicative, so I need to get my information elsewhere, or (blindly) wait patiently.
What was your order date

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What was your order date
7/3. The Jeep is in post-production, but I only check once a week. My salesman gave me a good deal, but he's lacking in customer service - at least compared to others I've had. Is it bad form to check Chat more often?

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
7/3. The Jeep is in post-production, but I only check once a week. My salesman gave me a good deal, but he's lacking in customer service - at least compared to others I've had. Is it bad form to check more often?
Mine was 7/13 and has now shipped, I was checking with Jeep Chat almost daily the last week or so.

Sponsored

BenjNoah

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara, 2015 Acura MDX
7/3. The Jeep is in post-production, but I only check once a week. My salesman gave me a good deal, but he's lacking in customer service - at least compared to others I've had. Is it bad form to check Chat more often?
I had been checking once per week with Jeep Chat, and once every 2 weeks with my salesperson. Now that it’s started the build process I may start checking with Jeep Chat a bit more frequently (maybe twice per week), and the dealer once a week.

mft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Once 2021 builds started at the plant I checked with Jeep Chat once a week. I just checked in with the dealer today for the first time since getting my VIN and they said current ship date shows as 9/16. (My order was placed 7/15.). My build sheet showed up late last week but no window sticker yet.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
On the positive side, frequent checking does create job security for the Chat attendants. :)

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
My salesman doesn't want to give me any other updates that he sees, as he thinks they are all smoke and mirrors. Says FCA isn't giving truthful information to dealers right now.

With that being said, I've been checking with Jeep Chat twice a week now every since mine was placed into storage waiting to ship.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My salesman doesn't want to give me any other updates that he sees, as he thinks they are all smoke and mirrors. Says FCA isn't giving truthful information to dealers right now.
So...do you think he's protecting you from misinformation...or, just lazy?

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BTW, while getting a new vehicle is exciting, the worst part for me is the finance manager's part. I NEVER buy etching, extended warranty, tint, etc..., but that doesn't stop them from wasting my time pitching them. Am I just unlucky, or does everyone experience this? To a certain extent it takes a good day and puts a damper on it. In fact, I may request COVID delivery to my home with hopes that he/she doesn't come along with the delivery person. Plus, on my turf, I control the clock.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
So...do you think he's protecting you from misinformation...or, just lazy?
My gut is that he has fallen into protection mode. He hasn't given me any false information, but he does seem guarded. I get the sense that he has been wronged or mislead by FCA in the past, and doesn't want to give false hope.

I do wish he was more forthcoming with information - I must reach out to him otherwise I won't hear from him until delivery I'm sure. But he is one of the high volume dealers known well on here; a few weeks ago he told me he was juggling about 40 orders.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Home for lunch so couple of quick answers -
diesels are being built but not necessarily in batches. May of been a hold up waiting for the transmissions from Germany, certification issues, whatever but they are going now.

JB can be more than Mopar add ons. Can be there one day or 15 depends on backlog and parts added.

Once out of JB it can go to KZ or JS, Jeep won't say why. Once it has shipped don't bother with Jeep Chat they only have ranges of info. Your dealer should have access to a transit reporting system like Rubicon VLS independent of Jeep that tells where it is exactly and current ETA. If they don't have access ask them why not. And Jeep transport info system can be inaccurate, it tells dealers it has shipped then a few days later corrects it to still sitting in Toledo. The only guaranteed date and location is the day you drive it off the dealer lot.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Today I learned that the dealer can know much more than Jeep chat. My dealer found out that my Jeep for on the train car on Monday. Jeep Chat knows that it got released to the carrier, but doesn't know if it's on a train or when it might be. It's still on the way!

Advertisement

Advertisement