Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The draft was always there, but nearly all of them were taken into the Army. Marines got some draftees off and on, as I understand it....just didn't happen to be any that I saw when I was active.

In fact, despite what you hear about my generation ..when I enlisted in '67, there was a 2 month waiting list to get in the Corps from my recruiting station in Waterloo Iowa.
The Army does need their numbers. I remember during the "Surge" they were offering three year enlistments and were talking about going down to just two years just to keep enough personnel to meet their deployment needs.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
The Army does need their numbers. I remember during the "Surge" they were offering three year enlistments and were talking about going down to just two years just to keep enough personnel to meet their deployment needs.
I suppose there may have been some draftees around when I was in...but if so, they denied it. WE didn't want to serve alongside anyone who didn't want to be there....or at least had thought so at one point.

Me, I knew I'd made a tactical error about 30 seconds after I stepped onto those yellow footprints...that's when GySgt Hamilton announced his intention to kick the asses of every honky motherfucker in the plt.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose there may have been some draftees around when I was in...but if so, they denied it. WE didn't want to serve alongside anyone who didn't want to be there....or at least had thought so at one point.

Me, I knew I'd made a tactical error about 30 seconds after I stepped onto those yellow footprints...that's when GySgt Hamilton announced his intention to kick the asses of every honky motherfucker in the plt.
I had the same feelings. Overall I didn't think boot camp was as bad as I thought it was going to be. Some parts were pretty tough though.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) img_2869-

Can't believe it's already a year later. Still, need to get back out there soon George.

Feel a chill in the air. Winter is coming.

:beer:
Nice Jeeps! :devil:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks. I think it got longer than I initially intended, but I can't seem to leave well enough alone. lol
I've been following your posts for a while. I like to see what other Punk'n owners are doing to and with their Jeeps.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC

Oh, how we've all been there - mine were delayed since our Platoon Sargent was out on emergency leave. He (GySgt Crenshaw) showed up 24 hours later, up until that point I thought this boot camp/OCS stuff wasn't that bad:). Amazing how 44 years later I can still remember him like it was yesterday.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, how we've all been there - mine were delayed since our Platoon Sargent was out on emergency leave. He (GySgt Crenshaw) showed up 24 hours later, up until that point I thought this boot camp/OCS stuff wasn't that bad:). Amazing how 44 years later I can still remember him like it was yesterday.
I had quite an assortment of Drill Instructors. One of em would usually forget to yell at you in English and would get even more mad when you don't understand Portuguese...

Sponsored