Sponsored

303 for plastric trim and hard top protection

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death lol but I've been searching around for a good product to use to help protect the non-painted hard top and the black unpainted fenders and other plastic/trim from fading. It seems a lot of people favor 303 Aerospace but I had a question regarding it, is there anything you CAN'T use 303 on? It seems like a good all-around exterior/interior protectant. Normally I stick to Chemical Guys products but I keep reading good stuff about 303. Obviously not for paint but everything else, trim, dash, hard top, etc can I just go nuts with it?
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death lol but I've been searching around for a good product to use to help protect the non-painted hard top and the black unpainted fenders and other plastic/trim from fading. It seems a lot of people favor 303 Aerospace but I had a question regarding it, is there anything you CAN'T use 303 on? It seems like a good all-around exterior/interior protectant. Normally I stick to Chemical Guys products but I keep reading good stuff about 303.
Glass, 303 really sucks on glass.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death lol but I've been searching around for a good product to use to help protect the non-painted hard top and the black unpainted fenders and other plastic/trim from fading. It seems a lot of people favor 303 Aerospace but I had a question regarding it, is there anything you CAN'T use 303 on? It seems like a good all-around exterior/interior protectant. Normally I stick to Chemical Guys products but I keep reading good stuff about 303. Obviously not for paint but everything else, trim, dash, hard top, etc can I just go nuts with it?
I use it on everything in the interior and all plastics and rubber on the outside. Don't go heavy with it or it will leave a residue that can migrate, I went too heavy with it on my hardtop once and it just took a couple of washes to get the excess off. When you are done the finish should be matte black, not shiny. It really is good stuff, my Jeeps in the sun all day everyday here near Death Valley and nothing is fading yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I use it on everything in the interior and all plastics and rubber on the outside. Don't go heavy with it or it will leave a residue that can migrate, I went too heavy with it on my hardtop once and it just took a couple of washes to get the excess off. When you are done the finish should be matte black, not shiny. It really is good stuff, my Jeeps in the sun all day everyday here near Death Valley and nothing is fading yet.
Good to know, sometimes I tend to go heavy with stuff so I'll keep it light with this one.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I haven't used 303 before. I have used Spray Sealants on fenders and glass. I can say that after 4 months now they're both beading and repelling water like the day after I applied. That's another option for ya.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
303 should be rubbed in and wiped off. Wipe it till it's dry. The black non-color matched hardtop is painted, I'm just not sure what kind of paint. I do use it on my OEM rock rails.

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
303 should be rubbed in and wiped off. Wipe it till it's dry. The black non-color matched hardtop is painted, I'm just not sure what kind of paint. I do use it on my OEM rock rails.
I ended up picking up a bottle of 303. Seems alright, just did a light application onto a microfiber towel and wiped it on the trim.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If you read the 303 instructions it advises to use it sparingly and only every few weeks. It also makes tires nice and matte black with no greasy residue. Keeps the spare from dry rotting, or at least prolongs its life before so.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I haven't used 303 before. I have used Spray Sealants on fenders and glass. I can say that after 4 months now they're both beading and repelling water like the day after I applied. That's another option for ya.
What kinda spray sealant? I've used a few things but I haven't found a spray sealant that made a noticeable difference in many years!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you read the 303 instructions it advises to use it sparingly and only every few weeks. It also makes tires nice and matte black with no greasy residue. Keeps the spare from dry rotting, or at least prolongs its life before so.
What are you using to apply it to the tires? On my Wildpeaks it's a pain to apply it evenly. Rags and sponge aren't working for me because of the grooves and lettering on the sidewall.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I spray some on the tire then some on a worn microfiber cloth. Then I just wipe around the tire one way, then back the other until it’s nice and black and there is minimal shine. You don’t want any wet product left behind. I use an old microfiber because tires will ruin a new one. I clean it after with Dawn in the utility sink. My old microfibers become my shop rags. The only thing better that makes a tire clean and black is driving in soft sand.

EJLJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
What are you using to apply it to the tires? On my Wildpeaks it's a pain to apply it evenly. Rags and sponge aren't working for me because of the grooves and lettering on the sidewall.
I've used in the past a paintbrush to apply to tires, works really well, just wipe off excess afterwards.
Sponsored